- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
China: Specialized farmers' cooperatives to promote modern agriculture
The specialized cooperatives have gained popularity with participating farmers accounting for 46.8 percent of Chinese rural households, said Ye Zhenqin, vice minister of agriculture, Monday at a seminar on the Law on Farmers' Specialized Cooperatives, which has been in effect for 10 years.
Since the law took effect in 2007, it has played an important role in fattening rural wallets, promoting new agricultural management systems, and boosting modern agriculture, said Ye.
Through specialized cooperatives, farmers engaged in the same kind of agricultural production are able to pool resources and increase productivity.
So far this year, the central and local governments have pumped 4.8 billion yuan (736 million U.S. dollars) into supporting farmers' cooperatives to strengthen their competitiveness and help them withstand risks, said Ye.
Ye said the government will further unveil policies to support cooperatives in terms of infrastructure construction, financing, insurance, marketing and personnel training.
Source: Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-21 Auction with various applications for the fruit and vegetables industry
- 2023-09-21 Denmark: Seasony obtains grant to create image recognition algorithms
- 2023-09-21 SaniTomato preserves the properties and freshness of tomatoes for longer
- 2023-09-19 Growing interest and attention to regenerative agriculture practices are driving new research
- 2023-09-19 Why crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-09-19 New Crop-Scanner offers improved scouting and advice
- 2023-09-19 Modeling: a tool for taking the guesswork out of growing
- 2023-09-18 New harvesters for produce destined for the fresh-cut industry
- 2023-09-18 New unit allows on-site carbon capture and reutilization for CEA grower
- 2023-09-18 Sensor development: far-red light for optimal growth
- 2023-09-15 "Growers want to see where limits lie in screen strategies"
- 2023-09-15 Jamaica: Growers encouraged to consider aquaponics
- 2023-09-15 Time for the big clean-up, time for the crop rotation
- 2023-09-15 "How IoT is shaping the future of agriculture"
- 2023-09-14 "The TomSystem can help prevent virus transmission in the greenhouse"
- 2023-09-14 Tomato grower invests in nanobubbles: "Nothing was allowed to go wrong anymore"
- 2023-09-14 The efficiency of steam for greenhouse disinfection
- 2023-09-13 Efficient sorters are fighting the threat of toxic weeds in green vegetables
- 2023-09-13 Relationship opportunities drive participation at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-13 Start-up ClimateAi aims should help growers prepare for a more disruptive climate