- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Netherlands: Anton Hulsegge in netting for 25 years
Besides netting for professional horticulture, Howitec also specialises in sports netting and netting for retail, industry and transport.
After completing secondary horticulture education, Anton successfully completed a horticulture degree at the University of Applied Agricultural Sciences in ‘s-Hertogenbosch. He started his career with Shell Nederland Chemie as a technical-commercial employee in crop protection. In 1992 he moved to the Netting Division of Lankhorst. Now, 25 years later, he still operates in the netting sector, particularly because of the many opportunities in this sector.
The world of netting has seen many changes over the past 25 years. In horticulture there are many new applications for netting, such as protection against various weather influences, weeds, birds, moles and various new insects. A telling example is the Japanese Drosophila suzukii, commonly known as the spotted wing drosophila, which is a pest that is causing problems for the soft-fruit industry. Netting is also a solution for responsible sustainable and organic growing.
The world of sport has changed too; a net used to be a “closing entry”. Now it is an essential part of many sports events and subject to strict requirements in terms of quality and visuality.
Besides standard netting, the demand for customised netting and special-finish netting with zips, grommets or tape has increased significantly.
“Over the years, gathering and sharing knowledge, providing information and continuous innovation have gained importance. As a result we have close contacts with customers, pilot gardens, universities, and sports associations and that makes our work fascinating and interesting”, comments Anton.
“As part of the enthusiastic Howi team, I hope to be involved in the search for sustainable innovative solutions for a long time”.
For more information:
T: +31 (0)515 700 500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"