- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Global food security has improved significantly since 1990
Because initiatives to address international food insecurity are evidence driven, advances in measuring food security remain critical to monitoring and evaluating progress. Assessments using metrics that primarily capture food availability and access dimensions confirm significant improvements in global food security over the past few decades. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the prevalence of undernourished people in the developing world declined from 23.3 percent to 12.9 percent between 1990 and 2015.
The ERS International Food Security Assessment, 2017-27, finds that the prevalence of undernourishment has more than halved between 1990 and 2015 for the 76 low- and middle-income countries that USDA regularly tracks.
This chart appears in the ERS report "Progress and Challenges in Global Food Security," released in July 2017.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program
- 2023-12-01 "Warm September created Belgian strawberry supply gap"
- 2023-11-30 Brussels greenlights EU-New Zealand trade deal
- 2023-11-30 "Moroccan tomatoes sell well in Spain and the UK, but Dutch clients must get used to the prices"
- 2023-11-30 Survey: Prioritizing the challenges that accompany CEA spinach production
- 2023-11-29 "In recent years, romanesco broccoli has offered interesting price stability"
- 2023-11-29 Ireland: 44% farm income drop is a serious concern, says IFA president
- 2023-11-29 Bank of Kigali advises Rwandan agri-exporters on its financial solutions
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market