- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
US: Horticultural exports continue to grow
Horticultural exports were the only product group to grow in 2015, up about $266 million, increasing its share of total U.S. agricultural exports to about 25 percent. In fact, horticultural products had the largest share of any group—surpassing livestock products, grains/feeds, and oilseed/products, which had combined losses in 2015 that accounted for nearly all of the decrease in export values.
The drop in export value in 2015 can be attributed, in part, to a stronger U.S. dollar relative to competitors, which made U.S. exports appear more expensive. Additionally, poultry exports were severely limited due to trade restrictions applied following the outbreak of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in several U.S. states in 2015. This chart is from ERS’s Ag and Food Statistics: Charting the Essentials, updated October 2016.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 High temperatures, high production and labour costs, and variable prices
- 2023-12-08 UK: Defra called to publish impact assessment of farm policies to avoid “sleepwalking” into food crisis
- 2023-12-08 Israel faces tomato shortage: prices surge as imported vegetables dominate shelves
- 2023-12-08 New tomato exports leader of Central Asia is expected to double production
- 2023-12-08 Organic herb demand exceeds expectations this holiday season
- 2023-12-07 Drewry’s World Container Index stable at $1,382 per 40ft container this week
- 2023-12-07 Uncertainty of Spanish growing conditions leads to more retail interest for Israel’s capsicum
- 2023-12-07 IFA launches Christmas campaign featuring the best of Irish produce
- 2023-12-07 "We are transitioning from CEA 1.0 to CEA 2.0"
- 2023-12-07 Pleasing harvest balance for salads, slight decline for tubers and fruit vegetables
- 2023-12-07 "Delayed Moroccan season may result in shorter but more lucrative campaign"
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31