- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
AUSVEG announces James Whiteside as new CEO
Mr Whiteside has an extensive background in agriculture and agribusiness, having served as Chief Operating Officer for Incitec Pivot Fertilisers and brings a high level of enthusiasm, industry knowledge and expertise to the role.
AUSVEG Chair Geoff Moar said the appointment of Mr Whiteside to the role of CEO was a significant step for the vegetable and potato industries due to his proven experience in agribusiness and corporate leadership.
“James has demonstrated an exceptional level of corporate management and executive leadership within agriculture and has an impressive list of agribusiness accomplishments, including most recently serving as Chief Operating Officer of Incitec Pivot Fertilisers,” said Mr Moar.
“James brings a vast level of local and global agribusiness expertise to the industry, having previously worked for 23 years for Incitec Pivot. He was also the Chief Executive Officer of one of Incitec Pivot’s joint venture companies, Quantum Fertilisers, a Hong Kong based international fertiliser trading company. He is Chairman of Verdant Minerals Limited and is a director for Agribusiness Australia, both positions which he will retain.”
“The AUSVEG Board is confident that Mr Whiteside is the most qualified person for the role and will lead the organisation, and the industry more broadly, through a period of growth and prosperity in the years ahead.”
Mr Moar also paid tribute to Interim CEO Simon Bolles, who he said had been an effective leader through a significant period of transition following former AUSVEG CEO Richard Mulcahy’s retirement in May this year.
“Simon has acted with astute diligence and professionalism during his time in the role of Interim CEO, particularly in the midst of the tumultuous backpacker tax debate last month,” said Mr Moar.
“Simon will return to his role on the AUSVEG Board as a Skills-based Director on 1 February 2017 following a short handover period with Mr Whiteside, and I am grateful that he will continue to bring his extensive knowledge of business and corporate finance to the table.”
“The Australian vegetable and potato industries are two growing and dynamic sectors within agriculture, and the industry’s success will in part be driven by the depth of industry and business knowledge represented in AUSVEG’s Board and its senior management.”
“I am confident the appointment of Mr Whiteside as CEO will be an important and exciting step forward for the industry as we work towards securing a more successful and profitable future for the country’s hard-working vegetable and potato growers.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary
- 2023-09-19 US private equity group Paine Schwartz Partners drops $139 mln from its offer for Costa Group
- 2023-09-19 HPNow closes €14M round
- 2023-09-19 US: Aerofarms exits from Chapter 11 and appoints new CEO
- 2023-09-19 UK: OneFarm to have filed NOI to save business from liquidation