- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- New 15-acre greenhouse in Kentucky the first of three to be opened by Q4 2022
- “The climate in Sicily truly makes our tomatoes unique”
- China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- Australian-based Provenance Propagation visits Boal Systems
- Automation and control are the main focus of the International Propagation Seminar
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
AUSVEG announces James Whiteside as new CEO
Mr Whiteside has an extensive background in agriculture and agribusiness, having served as Chief Operating Officer for Incitec Pivot Fertilisers and brings a high level of enthusiasm, industry knowledge and expertise to the role.
AUSVEG Chair Geoff Moar said the appointment of Mr Whiteside to the role of CEO was a significant step for the vegetable and potato industries due to his proven experience in agribusiness and corporate leadership.
“James has demonstrated an exceptional level of corporate management and executive leadership within agriculture and has an impressive list of agribusiness accomplishments, including most recently serving as Chief Operating Officer of Incitec Pivot Fertilisers,” said Mr Moar.
“James brings a vast level of local and global agribusiness expertise to the industry, having previously worked for 23 years for Incitec Pivot. He was also the Chief Executive Officer of one of Incitec Pivot’s joint venture companies, Quantum Fertilisers, a Hong Kong based international fertiliser trading company. He is Chairman of Verdant Minerals Limited and is a director for Agribusiness Australia, both positions which he will retain.”
“The AUSVEG Board is confident that Mr Whiteside is the most qualified person for the role and will lead the organisation, and the industry more broadly, through a period of growth and prosperity in the years ahead.”
Mr Moar also paid tribute to Interim CEO Simon Bolles, who he said had been an effective leader through a significant period of transition following former AUSVEG CEO Richard Mulcahy’s retirement in May this year.
“Simon has acted with astute diligence and professionalism during his time in the role of Interim CEO, particularly in the midst of the tumultuous backpacker tax debate last month,” said Mr Moar.
“Simon will return to his role on the AUSVEG Board as a Skills-based Director on 1 February 2017 following a short handover period with Mr Whiteside, and I am grateful that he will continue to bring his extensive knowledge of business and corporate finance to the table.”
“The Australian vegetable and potato industries are two growing and dynamic sectors within agriculture, and the industry’s success will in part be driven by the depth of industry and business knowledge represented in AUSVEG’s Board and its senior management.”
“I am confident the appointment of Mr Whiteside as CEO will be an important and exciting step forward for the industry as we work towards securing a more successful and profitable future for the country’s hard-working vegetable and potato growers.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-28 Why cavity screens?
- 2022-09-28 ICG Intelligent Fertilizer Mixing Software from Van Iperen
- 2022-09-28 "We encase greenhouses in a layer of intelligence"
- 2022-09-28 Transplanting in the Smart Agriculture Demonstration Greenhouse Project of Baimashan Cement Plant has successfully finished
- 2022-09-28 Eden granted US EPA regulatory approval
- 2022-09-28 Questions about how growers use gas to make money
- 2022-09-28 Dramm welcomes Steven Collins to DRAMMwater team
- 2022-09-28 Steenks services makes business trips to Finland and France
- 2022-09-28 Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- 2022-09-28 Dutch Young Executives group visits Israel’s Volcani center with DryGair
- 2022-09-28 Annice Firth appointed to Syngenta's Technical Sales team
- 2022-09-28 Harvesting robot picks 30 apples per minute
- 2022-09-27 Farming business supplies KFC and exports to Europe
- 2022-09-27 Nufarm announces launch of Leopard Herbicide
- 2022-09-27 New 15-acre greenhouse in Kentucky the first of three to be opened by Q4 2022
- 2022-09-27 Costa Group CEO Sean Hallahan departs Australia fruit grower
- 2022-09-27 Start-up harvests vegetables on floating farm
- 2022-09-27 Australian-based Provenance Propagation visits Boal Systems
- 2022-09-27 "This year, the Florida Pearl premium strawberry will reach the markets in Europe and the Gulf region"
- 2022-09-26 AEssenceGrows invites investors to join crowd-funded stock offering