- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
December 7, Zwijndrecht
NL: Jiffy opens new substrate mixing facility
By bringing together a number of production locations in the Netherlands, Jiffy aims to be ready for the future, guaranteeing it’s Dutch and International substrate customers top quality substrates through use of the most advanced mixing equipment available on the market. The Zwijndrecht location was chosen because of the accessibility by both water and highway. Incoming raw materials arrive by vessel, outgoing substrates leave by truck. Construction on the 1Plant started in November 2015 with a planned finish date of December 2016. The first delivery of substrates from the 1Plant was made October 28th.
Jiffy’s 1Plant consists of a 27.000 sq. m. production hall and a 550 sq. m office. The existing harbour area has had a major make-over to facilitate the off-loading of sea going vessels. Around 100 people will be employed at the new facility, in addition to the construction cost of the building a total investment of around 25 million Euro was needed to build the state of the art mixing equipment and operating software, guaranteeing Jiffy a prominent place in the world of substrates.
For more information:
Jiffy Products International
T+ 31 168 41 35 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 May Chang elected as new Vineland Board Chair
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 CAN (AB): “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants