- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Understanding irrigation starts with manual watering
- US (NC): Researchers to develop new propagation technology for the American strawberry industry
- Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- Dutch propagator dials down the new lights because they’re "too effective"
- Eden Green Tech: 11,600m2 hybrid farm will deliver up to five million pounds of produce a year
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
- Why Australia's biggest glasshouse grower is expanding its cultivation
UK: NFU discusses Brexit with Government
Mr Raymond majored on the importance of unfettered access to the EU market free of tariffs and non-tariff barriers for agricultural commodities, and urging government to place equal priority on food and farming as well as other economic sectors.
He said: “We set out firmly that high standards of UK farm production must not be sacrificed in a free trade deal and I was pleased to hear that Mrs Leadsom was agreed with us on that. British food cannot withstand a market flooded with imports produced to lower standards – there was universal understanding of this in the meeting.
“We welcomed her initiative to explore new markets outside the EU such as China where she has held talks recently but stressed that retaining key export markets for agricultural commodities, such as those to the EU, is vital for many UK farming sectors.”
The NFU President also discussed the reasons behind farming’s immediate need for non-UK seasonal labour.
“Access to non-UK labour is an urgent concern for our farmer and growers, and the food processing sector. We discussed possible solutions, including the urgent need for a substantial trial of a visa-controlled Seasonal Agricultural Permit Scheme. And due to confusion caused by Brexit, we called for the government to reassure all EU citizens already working here of their right to remain in the UK.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 Deals that were agreed upon months ago still have to be honored at the agreed price
- 2022-10-04 "High gas prices not abnormal, gas price crisis may soon be over"
- 2022-10-04 Peruvian blueberry imports through Southern California ports of entry movement expected to remain the same
- 2022-10-04 Israelis to push hydroponics in Guyana, help slash food bill
- 2022-10-03 Strawberry growers reflect on how they can still grow strawberries 'at all' under these conditions
- 2022-10-03 Protest signs next to motorways new in greenhouse horticulture campaign
- 2022-10-03 UK: Ministers launch push to grow more tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuces
- 2022-10-03 Report on CEA barriers and opportunities in North-West Europe
- 2022-10-03 "Don't underestimate social media and influencers' sway on consumers"
- 2022-10-03 “Vegetable import season off to an uncertain start”
- 2022-10-03 US: Economic impact of fresh produce industry
- 2022-10-03 UK food inflation reaches highest rate ever recorded
- 2022-09-30 Amidst Hurricane Ian, Colombian bell peppers arrived in the US for the first time
- 2022-09-30 UK growers call for seasonal visa clarity as Defra denies ELMS to be scrapped
- 2022-09-30 More biodiversity opportunity for more resilient greenhouse crops
- 2022-09-30 US: Statement of Western Growers on Signing of AB 2183
- 2022-09-30 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-29 "Local hothouse tomatoes cooked by Trudeau’s carbon tax" says opposition leader
- 2022-09-29 Interfel: “Energy crisis: the fruit and vegetable sector on alert”
- 2022-09-29 Growing the Australian vegetable industry