- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Application of geenhouse roof coatings require tailor-made advice
Mardenkro values the correct use of their ReduSystems coatings. This started when they introduced ReduSol; together with the grower they figured out what the optimal thickness of the layer (shade percentage) should be and the best time to apply and remove the coating. Over the years many more types of coatings have been added making it is increasingly difficult for a grower choosing the right one or how to use them. This was why Mardenkro decided to work more intensively with crop advisors.
After the launch of ReduFuse, Mardenkro set up its own consultancy service. In cooperation with external crop advisors this department distributes knowledge about how to use coatings and their influence on climatic conditions in the greenhouse both internally and worldwide. This includes the greenhouse temperature, CO2 level, humidity and light (amount, light colours, diffusion).
The advice given by Mardenkro reaches all corners of the globe. They have to take into account many different climate conditions worldwide of which each climate requires a different approach when using the coatings. First they always consider the crop that is in the greenhouse. Each crop and even variety has its own light and heat requirement. To combine all these factors into advice they developed the ReduWizard.
ReduWizard gives you advice about which coating best suits your crop. Based on the extensive climate database that records climate data from thousands of locations around the world, it decides which product is most suitable for your crop, region and greenhouse type.
There are however situations for which the ReduWizard is unable to offer a good solution. For example, for a specific variety of rose, which responds differently to certain light colours, or a tomato crop grown under artificial lights which sometimes requires a certain coating to help it get through the summer. In cases like that you can always contact Mardenkro; together with you, and possibly the crop advisor, they will find for the most suitable shading strategy for your situation.
For more information
Mardenkro The Netherlands
5111 PS Baarle-Nassau
T: +31 (0)13 507 70 69
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Liberia: Solidaridad constructs the first post-war cocoa greenhouse
- 2023-12-01 Conviction in fraudulent funds for aquaponic project
- 2023-11-30 Greenhouse grower receives award for ‘Together’ campaign
- 2023-11-30 US (IN): Lilly greenhouses to be remodeled as ‘Purdue Moves’ forward in research
- 2023-11-30 Dutch strawberry growers open new location
- 2023-11-29 Guyana: Three-acre greenhouse commissioned at Plympton Farms
- 2023-11-27 UK: MP gets a look at high-tech facilities at Hadlow College
- 2023-11-24 Japanese project to increase agricultural development in Luzon
- 2023-11-24 Greenhouse expansion in Tajikistan: a catalyst for year-round agricultural growth
- 2023-11-23 US (FL): Horti complex enters second phase of development
- 2023-11-23 Kazakhstan: 605 farmer's greenhouses receive certification according to national standards
- 2023-11-22 Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) installed two greenhouses in Somalia, each with a 250 sq meters area
- 2023-11-21 A greenhouse for seedlings for 250 thousand plants was built in the Kaliningrad region
- 2023-11-17 US (TX): 10-acre expansion completed for Temple-based greenhouse
- 2023-11-17 CED invests 1.5m CAD in Harnois Industries
- 2023-11-17 Belarus: Year-round cucumber cultivation will be achieved after greenhouse modernization in the Kirov district