The Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, James Pearson, was elected to the Board filling the vacancy created when Michele Levine, the CEO of Roy Morgan Research decided not to seek re-election following the completion of her current term.
The Australian Made Campaign’s national Board consists of ten Directors, elected by the organisation’s 11 Governing Members – the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and its network of State and Territory Chambers, and the National Farmers’ Federation.
The board members following the AGM are:
- Glenn Cooper AM (Chairman), Executive Chairman, Coopers Brewery Ltd (Adelaide)
- Allyn Beard (Deputy Chairman), Company Director, A.H. Beard Pty Ltd (Sydney)
- Neil Summerson AM (Treasurer), Company Director and former Chairman, Bank of Queensland (Brisbane)
- Nicki Anderson, MD, Head of Major Donor Partnerships, Australian Red Cross (Melbourne)
- Kate Carnell AO, Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (Canberra)
- David Gray AM, MD, David Gray & Co Pty Ltd (Perth)
- Richard Holyman, CEO, Martin & Pleasance (Melbourne)
- Robert Hutchinson, State Manager, ParexDavco (Australia)Pty Ltd (Brisbane)
- James Pearson, CEO, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Canberra)
- Fiona Simson, VP, National Farmers Federation (Northern New South Wales)
Australian Made Campaign Chief Executive, Ian Harrison, said that the strategic direction provided by its Board of Directors had been instrumental to the logo’s success.
“Trust and recognition of the AMAG logo has never been higher – more than 2,600 businesses are now using the symbol on approximately 16,000 products sold in Australia and around the world,” Mr Harrison said.
Mr Harrison also issued a special thanks to Michele Levine for her contribution during her time served as director.
“Michele has provided invaluable guidance on the campaign’s marketing initiatives, and her insights into the Australian marketplace were greatly valued. It is sad to see her leave the Board,” Mr Harrison said.