- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
- Senior Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- New 15-acre greenhouse in Kentucky the first of three to be opened by Q4 2022
- “The climate in Sicily truly makes our tomatoes unique”
- Australian-based Provenance Propagation visits Boal Systems
- Automation and control are the main focus of the International Propagation Seminar
- China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
Koppert to play a role in EU ‘food revolution’ consortium
EIT Food says the future of food is high on the EU’s agenda. Over the next seven years, the consortium will invest close on 1200 million euros matched with up to 400 million euros financed by the EU.
Consortium coordinator, Professor Thomas Hofmann, Senior Vice President of the Technical University of Munich said: "The partnership will put Europe at the centre of a global revolution in food innovation and productions. Our services and ideas will contribute to the safety and sustainability of food across Europe."
Building a sustainable food system
Speaking on behalf of Koppert Biological Systems in the Netherlands, the Director of Strategic Alliances, Peter Jens, said the competition for membership of the consortium had been fierce. "We are extremely proud of our inclusion in this consortium. We will put Koppert’s knowledge and skills in the innovation of biological solutions for horticulture and agriculture into building a fully human-centric, healthy and sustainable food system in Europe and beyond."
Europe at the centre of food revolution
The European consortium was selected following a EU competition launched in January this year and a thorough evaluation by external experts and the EIT governing board. The consortium which includes two other Dutch companies, DSM and PlantLab, also includes international corporations such as Nestec, PepsiCo, Siemens, John Deere, Colruyt, Vilmorin &Cie and Döhler. The production sector is complemented by a number of leading universities and scientific partners that cover the entire food value chain. The new pan-European partnership hopes to boost innovation, growth and job creation and put Europe at the centre of a global revolution in food.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Farming business supplies KFC and exports to Europe
- 2022-09-27 Nufarm announces launch of Leopard Herbicide
- 2022-09-27 Costa Group CEO Sean Hallahan departs Australia fruit grower
- 2022-09-27 Start-up harvests vegetables on floating farm
- 2022-09-27 Australian-based Provenance Propagation visits Boal Systems
- 2022-09-27 New 15-acre greenhouse in Kentucky the first of three to be opened by Q4 2022
- 2022-09-27 "This year, the Florida Pearl premium strawberry will reach the markets in Europe and the Gulf region"
- 2022-09-26 AEssenceGrows invites investors to join crowd-funded stock offering
- 2022-09-26 US East Coast: "CEA products are becoming the top search on our website"
- 2022-09-26 Germains Seed Technology appoints Agnieszka Szkurlat as Business Director for Europe
- 2022-09-26 "Automation is a journey that doesn't stop, so don't wait to make a start"
- 2022-09-26 Value of fresh fruits and vegetables ordered from USDA Foods is up 10 percent
- 2022-09-26 The national headquarter of 58 Agricultural in Tianfu Agricultural Expo Park introduced over 10,000 blueberries
- 2022-09-26 Farm in East Windsor gets federal funding for geothermal greenhouse
- 2022-09-23 Winrock gets $45M to expand climate-smart agtech in Malawi and Thailand
- 2022-09-23 Hydroponic farming in Houston
- 2022-09-23 Circadian rhythms: AI can reduce vertical farm energy consumption by up to 27%
- 2022-09-23 Big Tex Urban Farms growing to help feed South Dallas
- 2022-09-23 The 70-hectare blueberry planting base in Futian Town will be completed by the end of the year
- 2022-09-23 “We are in the process of diversifying the origins of our berries”