- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
NZ: Tomato and lettuce prices down almost 30 percent
Vegetable prices showed the biggest movement in October, down 8 percent in total. Fruit prices were down 1.8 percent. As well as lower prices for lettuce and tomatoes, courgettes were down 43 percent. This was partly offset by higher carrot prices, up 19 percent.
"Tomatoes continued their price decline for the second consecutive month, to $6.83 per kilo this month. While this is a large fall, tomatoes are still more expensive than they were in October 2015," consumer prices manager Matt Haigh said.
Overall, food prices increased 0.6 percent in the year to October 2016, influenced by higher prices for restaurant meals and ready-to-eat meals (up 2.0 percent) and fruit and vegetables (up 1.2 percent).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program
- 2023-12-01 "Warm September created Belgian strawberry supply gap"
- 2023-11-30 Brussels greenlights EU-New Zealand trade deal
- 2023-11-30 "Moroccan tomatoes sell well in Spain and the UK, but Dutch clients must get used to the prices"
- 2023-11-30 Survey: Prioritizing the challenges that accompany CEA spinach production
- 2023-11-29 "In recent years, romanesco broccoli has offered interesting price stability"
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market
- 2023-11-29 Ireland: 44% farm income drop is a serious concern, says IFA president
- 2023-11-29 Bank of Kigali advises Rwandan agri-exporters on its financial solutions
- 2023-11-28 Next year’s freight rate expectations have sunk well below the waterline
- 2023-11-28 Flood control measures in place in Kenya as Karimenu II dam fills up
- 2023-11-28 Dutch tomato exports fell by 8% on the European market - first eight months of 2023
- 2023-11-28 Movement of blueberries from Mexico expected about the same
- 2023-11-28 Rees-Mogg criticized after calling on 'cheap food imports' to replace UK seasonal workers
- 2023-11-28 "Weather extremes affect the whole supply chain"
- 2023-11-28 US: Biden-Harris administration partners with ag producers to strengthen supply chains and lower food costs