- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Dutch horticultural innovation in Vietnam
The agricultural sector in Dong Thap, a province in the Mekong Delta, keeps growing. Next to rice and fruit production, the province cultivates floricultural products on a large area. Sa Dec, well known as Flower Village, provides many flowers and ornamental plants. However, small scale production, old techniques, low production and low quality are issues faced by the farmers. The Dong Thap province has therefore the aim to develop and improve the agricultural industry. They aim to achieve a higher level of production, an increase of agricultural knowledge, an increase in food safety and food security.
Realizing a Horticultural Agricultural Center of Excellence (HACE)
The objectives of Dong Thap province can be achieved by using the Dutch horticultural and agricultural technologies and knowledge. Demokwekerij Westland and Kenlog will develop in cooperation with Kenlog a business model for the realization of a center such as Demokwekerij Westland, named Horticultural Agricultural Center of Excellence (HACE). HACE aims to transfer the Dutch horticultural knowledge, expertise and products in order to improve and develop the agricultural sector in Dong Thap. This center of excellence should fit with the needs of the stakeholders and the local circumstances which will be investigated in this feasibility study. The needs, local circumstances and the requirements and the horticultural knowledge and expertise of the Dutch experts are used for determining the design.
This feasibility study shows that the construction and operation of HACE in Dong Thap is definitely commercially feasible. The greenhouse is financed by the local government in Dong Thap and the pay back time is short. Next to that, it can be concluded that the construction and operation of HACE in Dong Thap is technically feasible. The design of the greenhouse at HACE fits with the local circumstances and needs; Dutch technologies are suitable to use in this greenhouse design.
Tomato, pepper, cucumber, melons are interesting and suitable vegetable crops for the Dong Thap province; Kalanchoe and Chrysanthemum are interesting and suitable flower and plant crops in Dong Thap.
Source: Agroberichten Buitenland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks