Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Zerez to focus on organic transitional farming
Corporate Vice President Don Smith appeared on MoneyTV with Donald Baillargeon last week to preview the acquisition. Smith explained that the company appointed an experienced management team and acquired Northern California based Next Generation Farming, Inc. According to Smith, "Zerez Holdings Inc., is a holding company focused on advanced agriculture technologies and services, with plans to grow organically and through acquisition by combining a unique set of experience, products and services." Smith added, "Next Generation Farming provides turnkey, commercial greenhouse and operations systems to create an efficient environment that improves yields and decreases water consumption for commercial scale cultivators of organic leafy greens and legal cannabis."
Zerez Holdings Inc., formerly known as Crescent Hill Capital Corporation changed its name to Definitive Rest Mattress Company in 2013. Under new ownership the company is simply Zerez Holdings Inc. The company is actively updating its compliance filings, OTC Market profiles, and social media channels. The company has entered an agreement for ongoing coverage on MoneyTV.
The new majority owners and management team have a unique blend of experience in advanced cultivation technologies, energy and water efficiencies, as well as growing businesses in emerging markets, including the commercial cannabis sector.
According to President John Taylor, "We are all very excited to bring a new focus to Zerez Holdings at this critical time in the booming industry. We are confident our business model and our new subsidiary will generate revenues and market share, especially in those states with existing cannabis laws, and those with ballot measures next week."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"