- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Green Sense Farms completes installation of DRAMMwater ozone system
Utilizing a depth media filter, with a specialized media that can filter to 5 µ, allows the system to reduce the overall load greatly before the oxidation process. Water is ozonated to maintain a high oxidation reduction potential (ORP) before it is sent to the plants.
The system is controlled by measuring the ORP and using a set point to ensure that the proper levels of oxidizers are present to keep the water clean and pathogen-free.
With this system, Green Sense Farms will be able to maintain dissolved oxygen levels of 15-20 ppm at room temperature. "This is much higher than can be achieved via standard aeration or oxygenation", said Kurt Becker of Dramm. "Because ozone is 12.5 times more soluble in water, the DRAMMwater system is able to dissolve more oxygen in this form than possible as O2. Because of the high oxidative potential, the lines and water are clean, reducing the demand for oxygen, helping to maintain these high levels throughout the irrigation system."
Dramm has formed a strategic partnership with Green Sense Farms to provide water treatment technology for their vegetable Farms. Green Sense Farms is building a network of indoor vertical farms in the USA, Canada, Scandinavia and China. The next Dramm until will be installed in the Shenzhen, China farm in December.
For more information:
2000 N 18th Street
Manitowoc, WI USA
See also: www.greensensefarms.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society