- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Market Law 101:
US: Farmers Market Legal Toolkit gets update
This four year project, funded through the USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI), is meant to help navigate some of the complex legal issues involved in starting and running farmers markets. The project focuses on three key areas: governance/business structure (researched in Year 1), EBT/SNAP issues ( Year 2), and general liability & risk management (underway in 2016).
The ensuing resources will be organized on a new website hosted by CAFS, scheduled to be live by the end of 2017. The toolkit will offer a cross section of resources that should mitigate the risks of operating a market through detailed research papers, examples of appropriate language for documents, downloadable checklists, and case studies of markets from around the country.
With the assistance of the FMC and NOFA-VT project team, law students under the direction of Jamie Renner, Assistant Professor of Law and Supervisor of the CAFS Food & Agriculture Clinic have done successive rounds of interviews with dozens of market leaders to uncover the most pressing issues markets currently face. Many of the market organizations interviewed have since offered their templates or redacted documents to be added to the Legal Toolkit.
Read more at the Farmers Market Coalition
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Philippines: Experts encourage urban farming
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31
- 2023-12-05 COP28: New AIIB-FAO partnership to boost rural infrastructure development to transform agrifood systems
- 2023-12-05 UK: ePhyto trial announced by Defra for Dutch plant & plant products imports
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program