- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Webinar: Supplying organic produce to hospitals
In California and throughout the US, hospitals are setting goals to purchase more organic and locally-produced food through their food service systems. This webinar will explore different approaches to selling organic products in the hospital supply chain, and will highlight special considerations organic producers should take into account when selling to hospitals.
Learn from grower Robert McClendon, who collaborated with Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Phoenix, Arizona, to develop the first organic farm in conjunction with a hospital. Ben Thomas, procurement specialist with Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF), will share his expertise gained through connecting local and organic growers to hospitals in Northern California. Kaiser Permanente’s sustainable food program manager Kathleen Reed will present from the hospital’s point of view, detailing how organic producers can connect with healthcare institutions through sustainable food sourcing initiatives and farmers’ market programs. Time will be reserved for questions from webinar participants.
Click here for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-13 Retailer registration opens for Organic Produce Summit 2023
- 2022-12-16 "We aim to go entirely organic”
- 2022-12-09 Spreading the nutritional value of microgreens on a national scale after amazing flood rebuild
- 2022-11-01 Organic consumption holds up if the supply range is extended
- 2022-10-18 Organic Grower Summit 2022 announces Grower of the Year
- 2022-09-23 Texas A&M AgriLife research to improve organic spinach production
- 2022-08-09 Cost Share Organic Certification Fee application period still open
- 2022-07-07 Revamped baby leaf containers to debut at Organic Produce Summit
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"