- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
AU: Low bell pepper supply due to extreme weather conditions
"We have seen an increase of internal rot and brown seeds as consequences of these environmental issues," explains Steve Tsakoumakis from Kapiris Bros.
"It has been a wet winter along with large temperature variations between the day and night. The overnight temperatures have been very cold placing the plants under stress, overall it has been a difficult growing season."
As a result of these circumstances demand has been strong, prices are well above the previous few years.
Kapiris Bros do not export capsicums currently, instead they focus on supplying the domestic Australian markets with premium produce.
"The plants we grow in the broad acre fields are the same variety as previous years, but we experiment with new varieties seasonally through our R&D program to evaluate if various varieties provide us the improved quality, yield and disease resistance to maximise the plant potential on the farms. The varieties we have been growing over the last few seasons are the best available to balance quality, yield and disease resistance," said Steve.
For more information:
Phone +61 3 8401 1000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 Favourable market for South African blueberries
- 2023-11-28 “Almeria has one of the few profitable agricultural sectors in the European Union”
- 2023-11-28 Movement of blueberries from Mexico expected about the same
- 2023-11-28 Rees-Mogg criticized after calling on 'cheap food imports' to replace UK seasonal workers
- 2023-11-28 "Weather extremes affect the whole supply chain"
- 2023-11-28 US: Biden-Harris administration partners with ag producers to strengthen supply chains and lower food costs
- 2023-11-28 Philippines: DA provides seedlings and other urgent aid to earthquake-affected farmers and fisherfolk in Mindanao
- 2023-11-28 In Israel, strawberries have surged to 29,3 euro per kilogram and above
- 2023-11-28 Namibia’s horticultural exports more than doubled in the past seven years
- 2023-11-28 Prices of iceberg lettuce stabilized
- 2023-11-28 Next year’s freight rate expectations have sunk well below the waterline
- 2023-11-28 Flood control measures in place in Kenya as Karimenu II dam fills up
- 2023-11-28 Dutch tomato exports fell by 8% on the European market - first eight months of 2023
- 2023-11-27 Most vegetables consumed in Germany come from abroad
- 2023-11-27 Iran: Sistan-Baluchestan province’s annual greenhouse output stands at 73,000 tons
- 2023-11-27 UK: ‘Strong food theme’ reflected in GCA BoT figures for October