- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
"ECPA's reply to "Democracy for Sale" award nomination"
"Like your organisation, ECPA values the importance of democracy. This is why, as an organisation, we participate fully in the democratic process as we, you and any other interested stakeholder is fully entitled to. There are many definitions of democracy, but if you look at it as being an organisation or situation in which everyone is treated equally and has equal rights, then we have an obligation – and make no secret – of the fact that we represent the interests of our members, much in the same way as your respective organisations represent yours.
"I’m not sure how you can make the leap from us legitimately representing our interests, engaging in dialogue and urging the EU & US to adopt a framework for pesticide regulation that is both predictable and robust – to accusing us of collusion. It’s a jump that would be like us accusing NGOs of collusion if they receive funding from the European Commission and then go on to successfully achieve an outcome that’s in their favour.
"Constructive dialogue, and differing opinions, are a healthy part of democracy. We recognise there are concerns about pesticides and these are concerns that we are happy to address in an open and honest debate. In fact we are currently planning an event in November where we will encourage parties from all sides of the argument to take part – we hope we can count on your participation. There are different reasons for the existence of all of our organisations, and for us it’s to ensure our members can continue to provide the tools farmers need to produce a safe, sustainable and affordable supply of food for the growing world population: I’m sure that is in all of our interests."
You can view the original letter and the initial nomination.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-13 Spraying robot converted into a disinfection machine after mounting an extra reel
- 2022-05-12 Strawberry growers globally could benefit from UF/IFAS research into dangerous disease
- 2022-05-11 Scouting moths with cameras
- 2022-05-11 Resistance to Fusarium Race 4 in Bejo lettuce varieties
- 2022-05-09 Spring clean your commercial greenhouse with these 7 tips
- 2022-05-06 Detecting crop disease in the palm of your hand
- 2022-05-05 How to avoid calcium deficiency in controlled environment food crops
- 2022-05-05 Greenhouse disease and insect management recommendations for 2022
- 2022-05-03 Prevention is key in new blueberry rust research project
- 2022-04-29 Battling broad mite in spring crops
- 2022-04-29 USDA restricts eight PACA violators
- 2022-04-26 US (NJ): Bacterial leaf spot and copper resistance in tomato and pepper crops more widespread
- 2022-04-26 California invests $3.75 million to fund research into safer, more sustainable pest management
- 2022-04-26 Biobest acquires a 60% stake in Biopartner
- 2022-04-26 Beneficial nematodes in alginate capsules for combating fungus gnats in greenhouses
- 2022-04-21 Complicated registration of organic products top of agenda of new Koppert board
- 2022-04-20 A novel spray-based plant modification
- 2022-04-20 UK: Plant importers needed to test new Inland Border Facility
- 2022-04-20 Pest counts and action thresholds in the greenhouse
- 2022-04-20 UF/IFAS scientists record first case of harmful bacteria in ubiquitous weed throughout U.S.