- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Optivest Investment Banking hired
Urban Produce prepares for international expansion
Since Urban Produce launched in January 2015, the company has seen significant growth and now looks to move into phase two of expansion based on the continued interest internationally. Urban Produce currently holds patents in seven different countries including the U.S. and Canada. All discussions between Urban Produce and prospective financial and strategic investors will be overseen by Paul Donnelly, Sr. Managing Director with Optivest Investment Banking.
“We have seen considerable interest from the investment community and as a result, our board is considering different proposals aimed at strengthening our balance sheet as we seek to capitalize on a number of accelerated growth initiatives,” commented Ed Horton, President and CEO of Urban Produce. “Optivest Investment Banking’s corporate finance expertise and established network of institutional and strategic relationships make them an ideal partner to advise Urban Produce on its corporate finance plan.”
With worldwide population projected to increase by 70% by 2050, Urban Produce’s plans for expansion will help combat the global hunger crisis and eradicate food deserts by radically changing the way produce is grown, transported and consumed. “Our goal of sustainability incorporates our atmospheric water generation and the use of solar- generated power to one day completely operate off the grid,” states Horton.
The partnership with Optivest Investment Banking represents another important relationship to support Urban Produce’s expansion plans. Urban Produce is moving forward to build five additional Urban Vertical Farms in the U.S. by 2017. With strategic operating and licensing partner interest from the Middle East, Mexico, Canada, Japan, and Peru, the company continues to explore international expansion, which may include an additional 25 Vertical Farms in 2018.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"