- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
- Commercial Manager - United Kingdom or The Netherlands
- Tomato Grower, Chapais - Canada
- Director of UbiGro Sales - California, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada USA
- UbiGro Sales Representative - California, USA
- Greenhouse Crop Specialist - Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "New lettuce concept meets demand for greater convenience for grower and consumer alike"
- Plant-based fertilizer behind first line of USDA certified organic greenhouse lettuce
- "I spent many hours in front of my computer, now I'm connected to nature again"
- Scientists unlock potential to yield “diet” fruit
- "Our goal is to reach more than 400 hectares in the next 3 years"
Top 5 -last month
Quick analysis of temperature adjustments can improve growth in lit cultivation
A: Slight decrease in temperatures accompanied with slowdown in hourly growth.
B: Significant slowdown in temperatures is followed by a strong and sharp decrease in growth.
The sharp decline in temperatures is determined by the grower to balance the vegetative and productive performance. However, this case study indicates that the sharp decrease is a result of reduction in growth rate but also in plant weight loss (hourly growth below zero); a negative side effect.
It is possible to improve temperature strategy by following the growth rate under various temperature conditions with the help of Paska's Growth Analysis System (GAS). The plant will respond immediately and results from the GAS will be available the following day, in order to optimize the climate strategy even further.
For more information:
Dr Menachem Dinar, Agronomist
Elie Adania, Marketing Director
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-03-31 WUR report on extensive energy screen study now available
- 2017-03-30 "Decrease CO2 by controlling humidity"
- 2017-03-29 Lumigrow to demo Grow Light Sensor in upcoming webinar
- 2017-03-28 French tomato growers see good results with semi-closed greenhouses
- 2017-03-27 Auxiliary suppliers benefit from booming greenhouse industry
- 2017-03-24 The ins and outs of installing and maintaining cooling systems
- 2017-03-23 USDA webinar to demystify high tunnels
- 2017-03-22 MistTime can now be used as pulse irrigation system
- 2017-03-21 "HVAC's goal should be integrated control"
- 2017-03-20 Kazakhstan: 9.5 hectare Ultra-Clima opened in Almati
- 2017-03-17 Get the most out of your greenhouse poly
- 2017-03-16 Airflow below substrate reduces disease risk, optimizes drainage
- 2017-03-15 "NL: "Climate-neutral greenhouse will become reality"
- 2017-03-14 US(AZ): CEAC Seminar: Efficient CEA systems and electronic eyes
- 2017-03-13 Asia: Better growth in Vietnam with smart screen installation
- 2017-03-10 Humidity and greenhouse climate control
- 2017-03-09 Panama capitalizes on protected agriculture
- 2017-03-08 "South East Asia a more sophisticated market for fresh produce”"
- 2017-03-07 US (NY): Learn about northern climate vegetable production
- 2017-03-06 Climate control based on plant temperature is getting closer