- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Horticulture 4.0, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Global supply chain: Food safety, digitalisation and CFO's
Consumers have high expectations regarding the quality of food products. Naturally, the products need to be safe. This is why retailers have become increasingly demanding regarding crop information. However, is this basic information sufficient? More and more consumers are looking for the story behind the product. What happened to the product? Where does it come from? The question is: what impact does this have on the way we organise information sharing in the fresh produce chain? And how can we bring this about without completely loosing track of the costs? Writing and documenting information does not necessarily make our products any safer.
The Global Location Number is currently receiving a substantial amount of attention. The United Nations, United Nations Global Compact, is about to provide ALL agricultural businesses in the world with an identification in order to facilitate registration regarding their Sustainable Development Goals. J. Wozniak (International Trade Center, Switserland) will fill you in on the details. In addition, in the so-called ‘input industry’(fertilizers, pesticides and seeds) is working very hard to come up with solutions (such as AGgateway’s SPADE) to facilitate access to product information for the chain.
Moreover, financial departments, more specifically Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), have little knowledge of the effects of the changes in their company that are brought about by the application of information technology. This often starts with the size of the investments required by some innovations. New online business-trajectories lead to new business models, causing the financial model to look completely different. This happens, for example, when moving from sale to rent/service. On the other hand, the financial world itself is also changing dramatically as a result of new developments such as bitcoins and virtual banks.
Nevertheless, financial management is becoming more and more about information exchange with clients and suppliers. Standards are absolutely crucial. In Germany, a new digital invoice has been developed. KL. Förderer from GS1 Germany will explain how you can use of this invoice for both clients and suppliers. In addition, standards such as Global Product Classification (for market analysis), Farm ID and Global Location Number are about to play an important part in FINANCE 4.0. A number of best practices will also be presented.
For those who only wish to participate in the Forum or rather prefer cherry-picking a number of Roundtable sessions, it is possible to register for one day. It is also possible to, for example, register management for the Forum on the first day and an employee for a more detailed workshop session on the second day. This can be indicated on the registration form.
Click here more information and registration, along with the latest program updates.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Kwik Trip, Inc. recalls specific fruit cups and trays due to potential Salmonella contamination
- 2023-11-24 How Vegetable center promotes healthier diets
- 2023-11-07 First report of Tomato fruit blotch fruit virus infecting tomato in Greece
- 2023-10-31 Guyana makes headway in food security with hydroponics
- 2023-10-30 Food system resilience in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2023-10-23 Tomatoes with a virus have been detected in Murmansk
- 2023-10-13 CGMMV virus concerns Polish and Baltic growers
- 2023-10-13 Tanzania: Pigweed vegetable Mchicha dissapearing from Tanzania, sprouting in Ukraine
- 2023-10-05 AgriForce invests in food safety technology
- 2023-10-03 "Do not attempt to clean an infection yourself"
- 2023-09-28 Parasitic weeds threaten California tomato farms
- 2023-09-25 Why do we still need laboratories when sensors are everywhere?
- 2023-09-21 USDA invests in efforts to prevent and reduce food loss and waste
- 2023-09-21 "Huwa-San is a piece of the puzzle, but the whole puzzle needs to be put together"
- 2023-09-21 Hygienic harvesting with new knives and scissors
- 2023-09-19 Fresh food program launched in Indiana will be expanded nationwide