- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- New 15-acre greenhouse in Kentucky the first of three to be opened by Q4 2022
- “The climate in Sicily truly makes our tomatoes unique”
- China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- Australian-based Provenance Propagation visits Boal Systems
- Automation and control are the main focus of the International Propagation Seminar
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
Horticulture 4.0, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Global supply chain: Food safety, digitalisation and CFO's
Consumers have high expectations regarding the quality of food products. Naturally, the products need to be safe. This is why retailers have become increasingly demanding regarding crop information. However, is this basic information sufficient? More and more consumers are looking for the story behind the product. What happened to the product? Where does it come from? The question is: what impact does this have on the way we organise information sharing in the fresh produce chain? And how can we bring this about without completely loosing track of the costs? Writing and documenting information does not necessarily make our products any safer.
The Global Location Number is currently receiving a substantial amount of attention. The United Nations, United Nations Global Compact, is about to provide ALL agricultural businesses in the world with an identification in order to facilitate registration regarding their Sustainable Development Goals. J. Wozniak (International Trade Center, Switserland) will fill you in on the details. In addition, in the so-called ‘input industry’(fertilizers, pesticides and seeds) is working very hard to come up with solutions (such as AGgateway’s SPADE) to facilitate access to product information for the chain.
Moreover, financial departments, more specifically Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), have little knowledge of the effects of the changes in their company that are brought about by the application of information technology. This often starts with the size of the investments required by some innovations. New online business-trajectories lead to new business models, causing the financial model to look completely different. This happens, for example, when moving from sale to rent/service. On the other hand, the financial world itself is also changing dramatically as a result of new developments such as bitcoins and virtual banks.
Nevertheless, financial management is becoming more and more about information exchange with clients and suppliers. Standards are absolutely crucial. In Germany, a new digital invoice has been developed. KL. Förderer from GS1 Germany will explain how you can use of this invoice for both clients and suppliers. In addition, standards such as Global Product Classification (for market analysis), Farm ID and Global Location Number are about to play an important part in FINANCE 4.0. A number of best practices will also be presented.
For those who only wish to participate in the Forum or rather prefer cherry-picking a number of Roundtable sessions, it is possible to register for one day. It is also possible to, for example, register management for the Forum on the first day and an employee for a more detailed workshop session on the second day. This can be indicated on the registration form.
Click here more information and registration, along with the latest program updates.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-22 Various brands of salad products recalled due to pieces of plastic
- 2022-09-22 GHGA recalls various ready-to-eat vegetable products due to possible Listeria Monocytogenes contamination
- 2022-09-20 Agriculture Ministers in Prague: EU must strengthen food security
- 2022-09-20 Microalgae promise abundant healthy food and feed in any environment
- 2022-09-15 Australian first forum held to assist the fresh produce industry grow with phytosanitary irradiation
- 2022-09-14 NZ: Risk of Hepatitis A from frozen berries
- 2022-09-14 "Less food waste does make a difference"
- 2022-09-12 Smartphone app taking on billion-dollar food fraud challenge
- 2022-09-09 "Solving global nutrition challenges depends on accelerated crop breeding"
- 2022-09-08 USDA has reviewed new purple tomato variety
- 2022-09-06 UK: Sustainable food and drink innovation gets £2m funding boost
- 2022-09-05 E. coli case linked to Wendy’s romaine expands to Indiana
- 2022-08-26 UAE wants to harness AI to tackle food waste
- 2022-08-23 E. coli outbreak with unknown food source
- 2022-08-17 Jordan: Agriculture Ministry to establish national seed bank
- 2022-08-08 USDA cost-share for Food Safety Certification
- 2022-07-22 Study finds that tomatoes, but not farm workers are safe from soil lead
- 2022-07-18 Eating more tomatoes and peppers can help women’s health issues
- 2022-06-23 А ton of infected peppers were brought to Russia from North Macedonia
- 2022-06-13 EU Agri-food chain’s commitment to safer food for better health