- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Dole releases new chopped salad kits
Dole’s two newest chopped salad kits include:
Dole Chopped Pomegranate Salad Kit adds shaved Brussels sprouts to crisp Romaine, Kale, red and green cabbage, green onions and julienned carrots, and tops it with dried pomegranate-infused cranberries, flaxseeds and Dole’s Pomegranate Vinaigrette dressing.
Dole Chopped Poppy Seed Salad Kit tops a blend of shaved Brussels sprouts, crisp Romaine, Kale, red and green cabbage, green onions and julienned carrots with dried cranberries, pepitas and Dole’s Poppy Seed with Greek Yogurt dressing.
“We continue to see strong at-home demand for chopped salads that combine the health benefits of a salad with the craveable, on-trend taste profiles you usually only find in a restaurant,” said David Austin, director of product innovation in salads at Dole Fresh Vegetables. “Consumers tell us they expect their chopped salads to be a taste-first experience; be more filling than regular salad kits, offer unique ingredients and bite-sized pieces, and be ‘green enough’ to be considered guiltless.”
“Our two newest chopped salad kits deliver on all of these consumer preferences while adding the unique taste, texture, color and nutrition benefits of Brussels sprouts.”
The two newest kits offer the nutrient density of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K and constitute an overall good source of fiber and an excellent source of Vitamins A and C.
Dole’s Chopped Pomegranate and Poppy Seed Salad Kits will be available in November 2015 in the refrigerated produce section at supermarkets nationwide for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $3.99. They are packaged in the same open-design Dole Chopped bags offering product benefits, pairing and serving suggestions, nutrition and other information, and join five kits and two blends in the Dole Chopped Salad line.
For more information:
Dole Food Company, Inc
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction