Top 5 -yesterday
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
US: Dole releases new chopped salad kits
Dole’s two newest chopped salad kits include:
Dole Chopped Pomegranate Salad Kit adds shaved Brussels sprouts to crisp Romaine, Kale, red and green cabbage, green onions and julienned carrots, and tops it with dried pomegranate-infused cranberries, flaxseeds and Dole’s Pomegranate Vinaigrette dressing.
Dole Chopped Poppy Seed Salad Kit tops a blend of shaved Brussels sprouts, crisp Romaine, Kale, red and green cabbage, green onions and julienned carrots with dried cranberries, pepitas and Dole’s Poppy Seed with Greek Yogurt dressing.
“We continue to see strong at-home demand for chopped salads that combine the health benefits of a salad with the craveable, on-trend taste profiles you usually only find in a restaurant,” said David Austin, director of product innovation in salads at Dole Fresh Vegetables. “Consumers tell us they expect their chopped salads to be a taste-first experience; be more filling than regular salad kits, offer unique ingredients and bite-sized pieces, and be ‘green enough’ to be considered guiltless.”
“Our two newest chopped salad kits deliver on all of these consumer preferences while adding the unique taste, texture, color and nutrition benefits of Brussels sprouts.”
The two newest kits offer the nutrient density of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K and constitute an overall good source of fiber and an excellent source of Vitamins A and C.
Dole’s Chopped Pomegranate and Poppy Seed Salad Kits will be available in November 2015 in the refrigerated produce section at supermarkets nationwide for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $3.99. They are packaged in the same open-design Dole Chopped bags offering product benefits, pairing and serving suggestions, nutrition and other information, and join five kits and two blends in the Dole Chopped Salad line.
For more information:
Dole Food Company, Inc
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging