- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
The story of Boomaroo Nurseries:
AU: Entering the green life market as a vegetable seedling producer
After establishing a good name in the vegetable seedling sector, Boomaroo Nurseries started to extend their reach into the green life sector. According to Andrew Burgess, General Manager of Boomaroo Nurseries, it was not easy to develop a green life identity. "We weren't an established nursery with a long tradition... we were the new kid on the block," he told the Groundswell Journal.
Picture on the right: From left to right: Craig Shalders, Richard Herzina, David Bartlett and Andrew Burgess.
"With retailer Bunnings placed strategically within their sights, Boomaroo set about creating a brand offering that would meet the needs of their typical customer. The brand, called BOOM, consists of a range of three pots that are dominated by a vibrant color and texture. It became a great success and resulted in a significant year-on-year growth in sales and production, nearing two million pots a year,"reports the Groundswell Journal.
Due to this success and their confidence that there is a place for this 'new kid' in the market, they invested in the future of their green life through a multimillion dollar upgrade of the nursery's green life production.
So, despite being newcomers, it is obvious that Boomaroo's rapid expansion has cemented its position as a serious player in the green life sector. Andrew told the Groundswell Journal that he believes that this success has come as a result of good strategic planning. He is confident that the future will continue to build on the achievements of the last few years.
Click here to read the complete article of Boomaroo Nursery in the Groundswell Journal (PDF).
For more information
Boomaroo Nurseries Pty Ltd
General Manager - Greenlife
105 St. Andrews Drive, Lara. Vic 3212
T: (03) 52 82 2199
Fax: (03) 52 82 3969
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Angelique Chen designs device to simplify small-space farming
- 2022-08-16 Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- 2022-08-12 US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
- 2022-08-12 Technology upgrades and a brand refresh for Australian strawberry producer
- 2022-08-12 Special restaurant experience: 3D visualization of the food's journey to your plate
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"
- 2022-08-09 How Singapore is turning multi-story car parks into farms
- 2022-08-09 Italy: New 2 hectare project makes products available all year round
- 2022-08-09 Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-08 Japanese strawberry grower increases production thanks to hanging kit
- 2022-08-08 IE: Boyne Valley community greenhouses helping to feed the hungry
- 2022-08-08 NZ: Downsizing crops, but passion for tomatoes remains strong
- 2022-07-22 Belgium: "In comparison to last year, we’ve doubled production, as well as our revenue"
- 2022-07-22 China: New demand for leafy vegetables brings opportunity to the industry
- 2022-07-21 China: Looking into a 73 hectare greenhouse park
- 2022-07-19 How plants are cooling greenhouses during the heatwave
- 2022-07-14 US (NY): Food trends are driving the demand for specialty mushrooms
- 2022-07-12 German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- 2022-07-11 "New farms start operating by the end of the year"