- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
The story of Boomaroo Nurseries:
AU: Entering the green life market as a vegetable seedling producer
After establishing a good name in the vegetable seedling sector, Boomaroo Nurseries started to extend their reach into the green life sector. According to Andrew Burgess, General Manager of Boomaroo Nurseries, it was not easy to develop a green life identity. "We weren't an established nursery with a long tradition... we were the new kid on the block," he told the Groundswell Journal.
Picture on the right: From left to right: Craig Shalders, Richard Herzina, David Bartlett and Andrew Burgess.
"With retailer Bunnings placed strategically within their sights, Boomaroo set about creating a brand offering that would meet the needs of their typical customer. The brand, called BOOM, consists of a range of three pots that are dominated by a vibrant color and texture. It became a great success and resulted in a significant year-on-year growth in sales and production, nearing two million pots a year,"reports the Groundswell Journal.
Due to this success and their confidence that there is a place for this 'new kid' in the market, they invested in the future of their green life through a multimillion dollar upgrade of the nursery's green life production.
So, despite being newcomers, it is obvious that Boomaroo's rapid expansion has cemented its position as a serious player in the green life sector. Andrew told the Groundswell Journal that he believes that this success has come as a result of good strategic planning. He is confident that the future will continue to build on the achievements of the last few years.
Click here to read the complete article of Boomaroo Nursery in the Groundswell Journal (PDF).
For more information
Boomaroo Nurseries Pty Ltd
General Manager - Greenlife
105 St. Andrews Drive, Lara. Vic 3212
T: (03) 52 82 2199
Fax: (03) 52 82 3969
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm
- 2023-11-21 Namibia: 3 hectare greenhouse grows hydroponic tomatoes and cut flowers
- 2023-11-21 US: Carl Gupton new CEO of Greenswell Growers
- 2023-11-20 US: "Working hard for little in return"