- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Organics Unlimited's GROW celebrates 10th anniversary
Central America: $2 million to advance organic banana farms
Organics Unlimited President and CEO Mayra Velazquez de Leon.
Since 2005, GROW has raised nearly $2 million to advance the rural Mexican and Ecuadorian communities surrounding its organic banana farms. With each box of GROW organic bananas sold to retailers and distributors, a portion of the proceeds go to the GROW fund. These donations are managed and distributed by the International Community Foundation and are used for youth educational scholarships in Mexico, clean water programs in Ecuador, dental and vision care in Mexico, micro-loans for small businesses and more.
“In celebration of the 10th anniversary of GROW organic bananas, we have released a new GROW banana label that features the special hashtag #GROWTURNS10,” said Organics Unlimited President and CEO Mayra Velazquez de Leon. “We hope this limited-time GROW label will inspire consumers to become more involved with the social responsibility campaign and share how their GROW purchases are making a difference in the lives of others.”
Consumers can join in GROW Month throughout September and help raise awareness of the humanitarian work of GROW by purchasing GROW organic bananas and sharing the hashtag on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Tips for how to share the #GROWTURNS10 message – such as organic banana recipes, inspirational stories of GROW scholars, crafts for children and more – are available at GROWbananas.org.
Organics Unlimited encourages retailers to join in the campaign by purchasing GROW organic bananas and sharing information with consumers on how their purchases affect lives in communities in need. Organics Unlimited has created a bundle of promotional materials to help retailers and distributors share information about the mission of GROW organic bananas with their customers on social media and in-stores.
For more information:
Tel: +1 619.710.0658+1 619.710.0658
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Two new ed sessions announced for Organic Grower Summit
- 2023-09-04 Educational session on Strengthening Organic Enforcement
- 2023-09-04 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-07-21 Organic greenhouse grown strawberry launched
- 2023-07-05 A unique aquaponic farm for growing microgreens is developing near Astrakhan
- 2023-06-21 Organic living lettuces in the spotlight
- 2023-06-20 Organic greenhouse grown strawberries will complement field category
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-06-05 "A great opportunity to showcase organic produce"
- 2023-05-23 USDA launches organic INTEGRITY database trade partner module
- 2023-05-03 "I like to touch on new things, new products, new production methods"
- 2023-04-26 "We want to offer an honest organic-vegan product, which is why we do not use animal manure"
- 2023-04-18 New Organic Enforcement Rule topic for OPS 2023 ed session
- 2023-03-31 The evolution of the microgreens business
- 2023-03-20 Organic produce items saw wide range of performance in 2022
- 2023-03-17 Snack tomato growers opt for prevention with biology
- 2023-03-13 Mycelium is not only good for cultivation but also for... motherboards
- 2023-02-03 “We’re reaching a point where conventional costs more than organic”
- 2023-01-13 Retailer registration opens for Organic Produce Summit 2023
- 2022-12-16 "We aim to go entirely organic”