- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
- Commercial Manager - United Kingdom or The Netherlands
- Tomato Grower, Chapais - Canada
- Director of UbiGro Sales - California, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada USA
- UbiGro Sales Representative - California, USA
- Greenhouse Crop Specialist - Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "New lettuce concept meets demand for greater convenience for grower and consumer alike"
- Plant-based fertilizer behind first line of USDA certified organic greenhouse lettuce
- "I spent many hours in front of my computer, now I'm connected to nature again"
- Scientists unlock potential to yield “diet” fruit
- "Our goal is to reach more than 400 hectares in the next 3 years"
Top 5 -last month
Sort your plants accurately with the new SmartScan series from WPS
The SmartScan series ranges from a simple 1D height meter to high-precision scanning of all possible plant properties using 3D technology.
WPS invented the new 3D solution in 2014. Since demand from the market was outstripping the possibilities offered by the technologies available, WPS started investigating new options. Working with TNO (the Netherlands Organisation for Applied cientific Research), they decided to focus on 3D plant modelling. WPS believes that this method also has the potential to deliver solutions to other problems related to plant sorting. After undergoing a series of intensive field trials, SmartScan 3D proved itself by scanning plant properties with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Among the aspects it identifies are buds and flowers. At the moment, the 3D solution is only available for orchids, but WPS envisages many opportunities for using this technology to map the characteristics of other plant species as well.
WPS has been producing plant scanning technology since 2008. Every week, WPS technology scans 10 million plants to help growers cut down on sorting costs and achieve excellent delivery reliability.
For transparency towards our customers, all WPS vision solutions in the SmartScan series are subdivided into 1D, 2D or 3D and the properties they identify.
SmartScan at IPM
SmartScan will be on display at IPM on stand 3D26 (hall 3). Live demos of the SmartScan 3D system will also be available.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-01-30 Dramms' Swivel removes strain and hose twisting
- 2015-01-30 Poulsen Roser launches new roses and Clematis at 2015 IPM Essen
- 2015-01-30 AGRAGEX promoting auxiliary industry at IPM Essen
- 2015-01-28 Schetelig and Philips sign LED Horti partnership at IPM Essen
- 2015-01-27 Valoya presents new C-series fixtures for vertical farms at IPM
- 2015-01-27 Germany: IPM 2015 gets off to a start
- 2015-01-27 New varieties on display at Armada Young Plants booth
- 2015-01-26 Pöppelmann TEKU® presents new innovations at IPM Essen 2015
- 2015-01-26 New, 25% more efficient GreenPower LED production module introduced by Philips
- 2015-01-23 Last chance to sign up for the GreenTech Young Professionals network drink at IPM
- 2015-01-23 FloraHolland and the Rabobank present the first new World Floriculture Map
- 2015-01-22 Spanish horticultural sector to be present at the IPM Essen
- 2015-01-22 Sort your plants accurately with the new SmartScan series from WPS
- 2015-01-21 Howitec introduces three new nets at the IPM Essen
- 2015-01-20 Suggestion for pros at the BLOOM’s special Show area
- 2015-01-19 Benfried highlights Sudlac's shading products during IPM
- 2015-01-16 Desch Plantpak shows the three worlds of thermoform, deco and bio at IPM Essen
- 2015-01-15 More air with Plug–in–Plug
- 2015-01-15 New 'consumer friendly' biodegradable compostable pot
- 2015-01-14 Meilland introduces a new Drift rose at IPM Essen 2015