Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Nominees announced for Fruit Logistca Innovation Award 2015
After reviewing more than 60 entries for the FLIA 2015, a panel of experts from production and quality management, the wholesale and retail trade, and the packaging and service industries selected the following ten nominees:
Aviv Flowers Packing House Ltd, Israel: "Aurora Seedless Papaya" – A small, seedless variety of papaya
Bakker Barendrecht B.V., The Netherlands: "DIY fresh packs" –Packages of mixed fruits/vegetables with additional ingredients and recipes for specific dishes
Cabka Group GmbH, Germany: "Eye-Catcher" –
A product display system for crates at the POS
Atlas Pacific Engineering, Inc., USA: "FC 15 Fruit Chunker" – A cutting machine for pineapple and melons
Polymer Logistics, Germany: "Holzdekor-RPC" – Reusable plastic crates with a natural wood look
BelOrta, Belgium: "Lemoncherry" – A variety of yellow cherry tomato
Holfeld Plastics Ltd, Ireland: "Low Carbon rPETeCo" –
A packaging material consisting of 90% recycled plastic bottles
Sunforest Co. Ltd., South Korea: "Portable Nondestructive Fruit Quality Meter" – A portable quality-control measuring device
Regal'in Europe, France: "Regal'in™ Apple" – A new apple variety
Hepro GmbH, Germany: "UP-8000" – A peeling machine for carrots, cucumbers, white radishes and other long vegetables.
These ten innovations will be presented at Fruit Logistca 2015 (4-6 February 2015) in a special display area between Halls 20 and 21, where the award ceremony will take place on 6 February at 14:30. On the first two days of the trade fair, more than 60,000 trade visitors from around 130 countries will have the chance to vote for the innovation of the year.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022
- 2022-07-15 Getting ready for Cultivate'22: what not to miss?