- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Rounding the square:
The new TEKU MQE growing pot
done the next-best thing! The new MQE square-round growing pot range has the advantages of the standard round and square pots all rolled into one.
The dimensions of the 1-litre container are 11 x 11 x 11 cm, while the 14 x 14 x 14 version has a capacity of 2 litres. The new MQE containers provide the rounded, visually harmonious look that consumers love, but now combined with something that really matters to the grower: the more efficient utilisation of space offered by square pots.
The new MQEs clearly make much better use of space than standard round pots with the same volume. Pöppelmann has also incorporated the familiar, tried-and-tested multi-hole cross bottom in these growing pots. In today’s cultivation process, hassle-free watering and drainage are key to successful cultivation. The new TEKU MQE will be available in black as standard.
MQE – Harmonious combination of square and round.
Another advantage of the square pot is that there are tag locks on all sides. This saves time trying to locate them, so they will always be on the correct/same side. This makes inserting tags quicker and more efficient. The tag locks also hold the tag securely and reliably in place.
Once ready, the MQE pots can then be easily inserted into the transport trays with all the tags facing the same direction. Because all the tags are facing the same way, consumers will always be able to see them. Therefore, it does not matter whether the plants are sold from a CC trolley or a display bench.
Pöppelmann remains true to form with this well-thought-out concept, with a growing pot that caters for much more than just handling during the production process. Genuine TEKU added value makes a positive contribution all the way through to the retailer, and the new MQE range is an excellent example.
For more information
Pöppelmann GmbH & Co. KG
Bakumer Straße 73, DE-49393 Lohne
Tel: +49 (0) 4442 982 1600, Fax: +49 (0) 4442 982 1607
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt