- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
"Annual conference kick-off for Svensson's "A grower's climate" concept in China"
China Greenhouse & Horticulture Seminar (CGHS) is held annually, and has become a platform for government, researchers, enterprises, growers and consumers. During three days, broad discussion was carried out on the development, the opportunity and the future of horticultural industry. This year's seminar was the 13th since the start in 2002.
CGHS provides a platform to promote industry development and prospect the future. The features of various regions in China are considered when selecting the venue of this annual event. The conference focused on technical updates, experience exchange, sharing development & research results, marketing analysis etc. In short - to promote experience exchange and development of the industry.
The three daylong seminar included greenhouse visits and a four topic forum focusing on industry development, hot topics of 2014, expert research results and technical updates by enterprise. Professor Yang Qichang kicked off the seminar with a speech recapping the year, summarizing industry development from a global standpoint, nationwide marketing conditions and the influence of policies in 2014.
Greenhouse management & automation, city agriculture, solar greenhouses and solar energy were among key topics indicating the future of China’s Greenhouse and horticulture industry. Researchers presented insight on results and practical growing techniques which were well received by attendees. During the exhibition new products and technologies were presented, highlights included the debut of Svensson’s new “Grower’s Climate” concept and five product families.
The last day of the seminar included a visit to the Shaanxi Agriculture Demonstration Base in Yangling which showcased a high-tech greenhouse equipped with Svensson Climate screens. Ateendees also visited some innovative type of Solar greenhouses, for example, one where the angle of the cover could be adjusted to obtain maximum light transmission.The Chinese market is seeing more and more potential in applying modern devices in these ever popular Solar style greenhouses. The general manager of Hortimax, Fulco Wijdooge, said “Accepting advanced Dutch technologies does not always mean success, there is not one suitable method for various climates—we need to find our own way to develop by adopting new technologies and applying new knowledge. “
For more information:
AB Ludvig Svensson
T: +46 320 20 92 32
M: +46 709 69 25 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation