Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
US: BioControl schools spark grower interest in Pennsylvania
Day one (November 13, 2014) focused on managing insects and arthropods using predators, parasites and biological pesticides. Day two (November 14,, 2014) was devoted to disease management using plant-based pesticides, beneficial fungi and bacteria. Making the transition to biological control and compatibility with specific commercial pesticides as parts of larger pest management programs were especially hot topics. Speakers came from Penn State Extension, industry and early adopter growers.
CD’s with all of the presentations and supporting publications will be available by early December. The next Biocontrol school is planned for November 5 & 6, 2015 at the Lancaster Farm and Home Center, Lancaster, PA. Industry representatives interested in participating and those seeking a copy of the CD with all of the presentations and some supporting publications are invited to contact Steve Bogash, Horticulture Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information
Penn State Extension
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022
- 2022-07-15 Getting ready for Cultivate'22: what not to miss?