- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Ghana: Tomato factory starts production after delay
The new development was partly cushioned by a GH¢200,000 financial support from the Export Development and Agricultural Investment Fund (EDAIF) to the company. The Management of the company is also seeking domestic and foreign investor partnerships to facilitate full operation of the plant, Wil Aparloo Ofori, CEO-TEPCO has said.
The processing plant is a cooperation product of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture and the Italian government. The facility, which is among other things aimed at increasing tomato, mango and watermelon processing in order to reduce importation of processed products,was officially inaugurated in December 2012.
In 2013, the government of Ghana entered into an agreement with a private developer under a Public-Private Partnership (PPP). The plant, with a daily production capacity of 40 tonnes, has since not been fully operational -- largely because of raw materials non-availability.
The CEO of TEPCO said the company can no longer rely on open-air cultivation for the needed quantity and quality of raw materials, particularly tomato for production, and has therefore opted for greenhouses as an alternative technology.
He appealed for government to factor-in the technology in its vegetable production programmes and projects. This, he stressed, will go a long way to produce abundant, quality vegetables to help resurrect all the defunct processing companies.
TEPCO is the second agro-processing company in the Brong Ahafo Region to drift into greenhouse technology for raw materials cultivation. The Wenchi Tomato Factory, a subsidiary of Agri Commercial Services Limited, initiated a similar move with a GH¢250,000 ten-tunnel project.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"