- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Canada: BC Greenhouse Builders announces last chance for 2010 pricing
"Over the last 63 years, there have been two large commitments that we have made regarding our product. Firstly that every component that goes into the greenhouse from the frame to the glazing to the stainless steel fasteners is great quality and will see our lifetime warranty through," says Kyle Exner Business Manager. "The second is that the greenhouse is the best price that it can be for our customers. Over the years we have delayed price increases due to economic conditions but the simple truth is that our supplies, labour and shipping costs have gone up over the last five years."
BC Greenhouse Builders is one of the few greenhouse companies that manufactures in North America and can meet virtually any wind or snow load.
"At times, it's been difficult to communicate the quality and strength of our greenhouses if people are just comparing them online. We often say to people that these are not your typical hardware store greenhouses. Our basic greenhouse will meet 80mph winds and 30psf for snow," says Angela Drake Marketing Director for BC Greenhouses. "We are proud of our lifetime warranty and know that our team of experts at BCG provide valuable knowledge and great service to our customers. Something like that just doesn't happen at a big box store."
Although it may be unusual for a company to communicate price increases, BC Greenhouses is proud of the good relationship with its customers.
"As a company, no one really wants to increase prices but it is a necessary reality. We choose to communicate the increase because we often work with customers for years before they buy," says Drake. "It's our way of giving them an opportunity to buy their greenhouse with the old pricing and honour our first quote to them."
The price increase will take effect as of February 1, 2015 giving customers a good lead time to buy.
For more information:
BC Greenhouse Builders
Toll-Free in North America: +1-888-391-4433
Local Call in Vancouver: +1 (604) 882-8408
Fax +1 (604) 882-8491
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation