- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Turkey: Umbrella greenhouse idea for developing countries
Mr. Sahin worked for the greenhouse sector during the past three years and now he continue his profession in Antalya in a company which builds greenhouses abroad and also gives consultancy and marketing services to greenhouses.
His idea, umbrella greenhouses, is a very simple idea to build fast and efficient greenhouses when there is not much investment money or time to build new greenhouses. Also people can buy this system and build a simple greenhouse at their home.
Mr. Sahin explains his idea like this: "Think of a big umbrella like the ones outsides of restaurants, and put them connected to each other. The amount of them could be one or a hundred or a thousand according to the area you would like to build umbrella greenhouses on. Each umbrella will have necessary parts for growing plants (vegetable or fruit) and when you connect umbrellas together there will be a complete and simple system".
There are so many greenhouse materials at the site before installation and installing them is a hard job and takes so much time and needs so much experience which then coss a lot of money. Think that if you divide a greenhouse system into one hundred pieces and build each part as an umbrella and then bring them together for installation.
To make it simple I changed the design a little bit so that people can make a quick installation. After the completion of opening and connecting umbrellas together you cover the roof and the four side of the area with plastic.
Since there is no need for an installation team or a lot of time, then it will be cheaper. Just think, you can grow tomatoes or lettuce.
Mr. Sahin says that he sent his project to a Dutch greenhouse builder company and is going to have a meeting with them during Growtech Fair in Antalya to explain his idea in much details. Also he sent his project to a well known industrial shopping mall chain that sells all kinds of products.
Attached drawings explains the idea. These drawings prepared by Mr. Deniz Bilgen according to explanations of Mr. H. Ertugrul Sahin.
Mr. Sahin says that with such a simple product it will be possible to build simple greenhouses fast and cheaply when there is not much money to make investment and not much time to build a greenhouse. Also just people can buy one or two umbrella for their own production and put them to their balcony or salon.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks