- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Geothermal plant De Lier put into operation
The project, which is controlled by a Priva Connext computer, provides an economically attractive source of heat for the entrepreneurs Harting and De Bruijn. At the same time the environment is spared, as the reduced gas consumption causes lowered CO2 emissions.
Part of the project is conducted explosion-proof (ATEX). For this, special cables were used. There are several pumps connected in the range of 750kW, 450kW and 90kW. For the regulation of pressure and level with the above pump, use is made of frequency converters that are almost 2 meters high. The enormous dimensions are in stark contrast with the high degree of accuracy with which this installation is controlled. Enthoven Technology has produced special temperature sensors to accomplish this feat.
Enthoven Techniek and the project partners have thus produced a high quality installation which contributes to the sustainability of greenhouses in the Netherlands.
Mark van Gijzen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-22 UK greenhouse heats greenhouse with river water system
- 2022-06-15 A greener greenhouse: solar panels trialed on Wimbledon berries farm
- 2022-06-15 Building sustainability for the MHA nation with a vegetable greenhouse heated by waste gas
- 2022-06-10 Green technology employed to grow berries out of season
- 2022-06-08 "We cannot expect a grower to suddenly become an energy producer"
- 2022-05-30 Canada: university starts geothermal heating project for new greenhouse complex in Estevan
- 2022-05-25 UK: Top tips for developing renewable energy schemes
- 2022-05-25 Microclimatic evaluation of five types of Colombian greenhouses using geostatistical techniques
- 2022-05-19 Green hydrogen solution for Australian agriculture, ready for investment
- 2022-05-19 Defra consults on changing abstraction licenses into permits
- 2022-05-18 Ocean-going vessels to capture CO2 for greenhouses
- 2022-05-17 Canadian growers examine potential for wind to power greenhouses
- 2022-05-11 ‘PIB India helps to market Dutch horticultural technology in India’
- 2022-05-11 NZ: Small business feeling the pinch of higher running costs
- 2022-05-10 Geysir glass: getting growers back in business with energy-saving single glass
- 2022-05-10 5 benefits of remote CHP monitoring for growers
- 2022-05-05 Combining crops and solar panels is allowing Kenya to ‘harvest the sun twice’
- 2022-05-03 "We needed to rely on other, more renewable energy sources"
- 2022-04-28 Innovations to support the transition to green energy in the greenhouse
- 2022-04-27 Netherlands: "All options must be on the table in the current energy crisis"