- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Designed for delivering sustainability and healthy eating education to students:
GreenTech Agro launches the Growvan
Each Growvan™ interior contains a fully functional water conserving hydroponic Growrack™ system with the most technologically advanced LED lighting from Philips, complete climate and environmental controls and state of the art technology based monitoring and production system. Each self - contained Growrack™ consists of 3 production levels and a propagation level, for a total of 150 plants per Growrack™ and 900 plants per Growvan™. Each Growvan™ has 6 individual NFT Growracks™ which illustrate various stages of plant growth from seed to harvest.
Educational materials will be developed in collaboration with Texas A&M AgriLife Research & Extension, drawing upon expert resources, the latest state of the art research results, and modern educational theory. The Growvan™ allows important sustainability concepts and messages to be presented in a safe, engaging, fun, hands-on interactive venue where visitors can see, touch and interact with growing vegetables as well as the various production system components. Visitors will learn about the importance of a healthy diet and a healthy planet, and what they can do to live more sustainably. Special software will allow visitors to carry out virtual experiments by changing temperature, energy and water inputs to see the effects on vegetable production and cost, as well as global resource availability, carbon balance and even climate change. Messages encouraging healthy eating habits will be integrated into the program to emphasize the importance of nutrition and caloric balance in the food supply.
Growvan™ visits will be coordinated through schools, community organizations, state Extension Services, 4H, and other interested groups in order to reach a wide audience. By bringing the farm to the family, the Growvan™ will play an important role in delivering key food, nutrition and sustainability messages effectively and economically across the US.
For more Information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"