- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Designed for delivering sustainability and healthy eating education to students:
GreenTech Agro launches the Growvan
Each Growvan™ interior contains a fully functional water conserving hydroponic Growrack™ system with the most technologically advanced LED lighting from Philips, complete climate and environmental controls and state of the art technology based monitoring and production system. Each self - contained Growrack™ consists of 3 production levels and a propagation level, for a total of 150 plants per Growrack™ and 900 plants per Growvan™. Each Growvan™ has 6 individual NFT Growracks™ which illustrate various stages of plant growth from seed to harvest.
Educational materials will be developed in collaboration with Texas A&M AgriLife Research & Extension, drawing upon expert resources, the latest state of the art research results, and modern educational theory. The Growvan™ allows important sustainability concepts and messages to be presented in a safe, engaging, fun, hands-on interactive venue where visitors can see, touch and interact with growing vegetables as well as the various production system components. Visitors will learn about the importance of a healthy diet and a healthy planet, and what they can do to live more sustainably. Special software will allow visitors to carry out virtual experiments by changing temperature, energy and water inputs to see the effects on vegetable production and cost, as well as global resource availability, carbon balance and even climate change. Messages encouraging healthy eating habits will be integrated into the program to emphasize the importance of nutrition and caloric balance in the food supply.
Growvan™ visits will be coordinated through schools, community organizations, state Extension Services, 4H, and other interested groups in order to reach a wide audience. By bringing the farm to the family, the Growvan™ will play an important role in delivering key food, nutrition and sustainability messages effectively and economically across the US.
For more Information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 "Manual slicing is our strong point, maybe we don't communicate that enough yet"
- 2022-06-29 Greenhouse opening helps Highfield Farm further develop industrial land into urban farm
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"
- 2022-06-29 Shelf life extension solution adds 18 new crops
- 2022-06-29 MultiGrow Grashoek & MultiFresa get complete food processing line
- 2022-06-29 Approximately 13,000 sq.ft. vertical farm under construction at mall in Istanbul
- 2022-06-28 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-28 1st price for the pesticide-residue free tomatoes in the national level of European Business Awards for the Environment
- 2022-06-28 China: "We hope that fresh-flower preservation cards will replace ice bottles and make life easier for fresh-flower distributors"
- 2022-06-28 Container farm allows growers to cultivate 14 different gourmet mushrooms
- 2022-06-28 Produce vegetables with carbon dioxide
- 2022-06-27 US (CA): Grower takes over Piru-based nursery
- 2022-06-27 HT Verboom Transport Systems joins GreenV
- 2022-06-27 Codema's staff welcomed by other horticultural companies
- 2022-06-27 Online retailer Gorillas launches private label range
- 2022-06-27 Despite the climate of uncertainty, the herbs segment is standing its ground
- 2022-06-27 Stronger supplies of California organic basil in 2022
- 2022-06-27 Driscoll's agrees to terms for acquisition of Berry Gardens