- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Coclea slug screen; an organic solution against slugs in strawberry
Howitec Netting B.V. developed especially for this problem a slug screen, so called Colclea. It is a 100% organic solution for the slug problem and experiences with slug screens in Scandinavia and England have been very successful.
The Colclea slug screen should be placed at the edge of a cultivation plot. The net should be fixed on stakes of 5-10cm thickness and dug into the ground for approx. 10cm.The top should be folded; creating a flap preventing the slugs passing. Keep the slug screen intact throughout the year and you will have an environmentally friendly and efficient protection of the crops.
Coclea slug screen will be presented at the ExpoSe 2014, the leading exhibition for the international asparagus and strawberry trade, in Karlsruhe-Germany from 19rd to 20th November.
Besides the slug screen, nets like Columba Plus (anti-hail net), Howicover (multifunctional clima net), Carnea Plus (support net) and Fraga (strawberry net) will be shown. Howitec Netting B.V . invites interested guests on their stand I-10 in Hall 2.
For more information:
Howitec Netting bv/The Netting Company bv
Wilmiene van Veen, Marketing & PR
T: +31 (0)515 700 500
F: +31 (0)515 578 679
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish
- 2020-11-09 Eroski develops a new range of organic fruits and vegetables under its own brand
- 2020-11-06 Holiday herb mixes now available