- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Cambria Orchid grower Hans Van der Goes:
"Aqua-Hort installation improved our crop quality"
Cambria rooting two months after planting.
The water source is, as usual, rainwater. Interesting is that the incoming rain water is stored in a sand pocket under the nursery. Recirculation of the water is practised, with a ratio of 50%. This allows for acceptable salt levels. The medium used is a mixture of bark and other organic media. It gives a rather dense media. The Aqua-Hort machine, tank model, was installed in Jan. 2014. The outgoing water is dosed with 3 ppm supercharged copper. In the recirculation tank can be observed around 1.5 ppm total copper.
Cambria orchids being dressed for shipment.
Hans van der Goes is very pleased with the outcome of the Aqua-Hort installation. The crop quality has improved with a shortened production time. The rooting is very strong and fast. As a curiosity should be mentioned, that he rarely see snails anymore in the crop.
Aqua-Hort treats irrigation water with electrolysis in order to fight bacteria and fungus that can damage plants. The electromagnetic force exerted on treated water literally pulls bacteria apart, causing them to die. The electrolysis system based on the use of copper is an effective way to treat water against fungus and bacteria, but it also helps to establish a healthy root and plant development.
For more information:
Van Der Goes Orchids
Hans van der Goes
T: +31 651 78 3818
T: +45 70226611
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress