- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Strategic Partnership between IPM and Zentralverband Gartenbau
"We must notice that the consumer does not appreciate our products and services as much as they deserve," Mertz emphasised in his statement. For this purpose, ZVG has formed a working group which is dealing with the strategic and content-related formulation of a package of measures. "Within the framework of a representative market study, we want to clarify how the consumers perceive horticulture with its products and services," continued Mertz. The results should illustrate the status quo and highlight perspectives. Only when there is an improvement in the knowledge about the consumers' attitudes it will be possible to develop targeted marketing activities and to achieve the greatest possible benefits from the financial resources to be deployed.
"For Messe Essen, it is a matter of course that it is supporting ZVG's planned market study. With the results of the analysis, we can stage IPM ESSEN in a way even more tailored to the sector. Thus, it will strengthen its significance as the most important platform of international horticulture," according to Oliver P. Kuhrt.
Breeding and production in particular are being called upon in order to enhance the value added by gardening products. IPM ESSEN already takes account of this by presenting various prizes. For example, the "Show Your Colours Award" honours bushes, shrubs and woody plants with the most significant value added. The story behind the plant counts here. The "Innovation Showcase" distinguishes the best of the new breeds.
For more information
IPM Esssen GmbH
T: +49 (0) 201 72 44 244
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-18 Fields of Innovation to showcase opportunities for vegetable growers
- 2022-08-18 What we know about onion thrips as pest of covered crops
- 2022-08-17 Agritech India 2022: India's largest agricultural exhibition brings bigger opportunities for farmers
- 2022-08-17 "Fruit Attraction 2022 is going to be a great fair, with participation figures similar to those of 2019"
- 2022-08-17 Registration for the 13th TSW Show is open
- 2022-08-17 IFPA recognizes outstanding exhibit marketing at Foodservice Conference
- 2022-08-16 Roadtour #LoveFloriade introduces people to horticulture
- 2022-08-15 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022