- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US (CA): Live Oak Farms appoints tomato industry leader Ed Beckman as chief operating officer
For over twenty years, Beckman led associations representing the California fresh tomato industry, most recently as chief executive officer for California Tomato Farmers, where he championed the development of programs that resulted in cutting edge food safety standards for field-grown tomatoes, expanding the presence of California’s fresh tomato industry in export markets, and secured supply partnerships with leading foodservice and supermarket chains.
Bob Giampaoli, Live Oak Farms CEO, and 3rd generation farmer, said that the Giampaoli family is pleased to welcome Beckman to their management team. “Live Oak Farms is a multigenerational
farming operation that’s committed to excellence, and Ed’s vision and demonstrated ability to successfully navigate the rapidly changing market forces of the fresh produce industry will position Live Oak Farms for growth to the benefit of our customers, employees, and the next generation of our farming family”.
In the newly created position, Beckman will initially focus on the creation of new initiatives to support future growth across Live Oak’s tomato and pepper operations.
Beckman was attracted to join Live Oak because of his past involvement with the company while serving as CEO of the grower organizations that Live Oak was a member of. “I’ve witnessed for many years the passion that the Giampaoli family has for farming, their commitment to excellence, and their giving back to the community. I’m thrilled to work alongside Bob and the family as we work together on making a great company even better in the years ahead”.
Beckman joined Live Oak Farms in mid-October from Certified Greenhouse Farmers, where he served as Chief Executive Officer.
For more information:
Live Oak Farms
T: +1 (209) 389-4576
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"