- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Netherlands: Reflectors cleaned after fire with new machine by Lightshine Cleaning
“I’d say, that with a 200.000-m2 acreage, losing 300-400 m2 of cultivation is not the end of the world,” says Joop. “But still, a lot needs to be done to get things going again." Most things are sorted out by now, but the cleaning the reflectors still had to be done. Last week Lightshine Cleaning took care of it in just two days.
In the greenhouse area where the fire broke out, all reflectors were cleaned. "In some places you see some nasty smuts, but not all damage is visible. Only at closer inspection do you notice that the functionality of the reflectors has declined with about 1.5 to 3 percent," says André Flinterman of Raymax, who does the measurements of the reflectors. “That doesn’t seem much, but in cultivation that percentage makes a huge difference. You have to have optimal exposure.”
Automated cleaning machine
The new automated cleaner by Lightshine Cleaning deployed at Marjoland, is equipped with a robotic arm and has increased capacity. "They clean 300, 400 lamps per hour,” Joop estimates. “About 3,000 a day, which is more than decent.”
In addition to a higher capacity, the robotic arm also makes it possible to clean different types of reflectors. "The machine cleans all models," says Flinterman. "That's the advantage you get with an adaptable arm. That and having fully operational reflectors again!”
Marcel van den Bogert
+31 6 337 931 58
Jeff van den Bogert
+31 6 237 715 64
2681 TV Monster
T: +31 (0) 174 289 082
F: +31 (0) 174 289 443
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 "Cellulose nets will also gain a foothold in the conventional sector"
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"