- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
First commercial tomatoe LED project in Belgium:
Biesbrouck extends lighting with Philips LEDs
On his farm, Luc Coghe combines 6600 Philips GreenPower LED interlighting modules with HID toplighting in a hybrid lighting system. With a comparable system Dutch tomato grower Wim Peters had previously achieved really good practical results. Philips partner Maïs Automatisering NV is responsible for the technical installation.
While on the look-out for the next step in year-round production and crop uniformity, Luc Coghe came upon the possibilities of interlighting with LEDs. After visiting several Dutch projects in which LED interlighting was used, things started moving. For Biesbrouck Greet BVBA this seemed to be the solution for achieving stable year-round production and increasing winter production.
The excellent practical results were immediately convincing, and Luc Coghe is now the first Belgian tomato grower to opt for Philips LED interlighting solutions. Delivery of the modules is scheduled for the next few months and the first crops will be planted in October/November.
Next lighting season other Belgian tomato growers besides Biesbrouck Greet BVBA also plan to start using lighting that involves the LED interlighting solution.
For more information:
Philips Horticulture LED Solutions
Marjan Welvaarts, Global Marcom Manager
T: +31 (0)6 1504 3893
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary