- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Canada: Strawberry greenhouse to be built in Saint-Chrysostome, Quebec
The unique structure of this facility is designed to increase efficiency by a 10 - 12 timer per square meter of that of any traditional greenhouse design and will be located on 45 acres of agricultural land in Saint-Chrysostome, in the regional county municipality of Haut-Saint-Laurent in the Montérégie administrative region of the Province of Quebec.
The greenhouse will include a state-of-the-art, 40m x 40m, 4 bay, fully diffused growing area and a 20m x 40m, 2 bay auxiliary facility, for the propagation, packaging, storage and shipping of high quality produce, specifically strawberries.
"This is a significant milestone for Affinor, and I would like to give my highest appreciation to the City of St-Chrysostome, along with the Affinor design team for their efforts and cooperation in reaching this achievement. The construction is beginning today. We look forward to continuing with this flagship project, which shall bring significant benefit to Quebec. " said Sebastien Plouffe, President & CEO of Affinor.
Affinor Growers is a diversified publicly traded company on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol ("AFI"). Affinor is focused on growing high quality crops such as romaine lettuce, spinach, strawberries and high quality medical Marijuana. Affinor is committed to becoming a pre-eminent grower, using exclusive vertical farming techniques.
To view the image accompanying this press release, please visit the following link: .
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Spain: Rosa de Barbastro tomato production one million less than expected
- 2023-12-05 Italian grower plans to expand tunnel cultivation
- 2023-12-05 "Imbalance in berry chain squeezes both ends: the grower, and the consumer"
- 2023-12-05 Cucumber grower opts for LEDs to reduce energy consumption and up production
- 2023-12-04 "In Almeria we have lacked water for 60 years; for us, it is not a new issue"
- 2023-12-04 South Africa: Gesture helps Soweto residents to put healthy food on the table and boost a local economy
- 2023-12-04 US (MA): Jail supervisor jumps at chance of running aquaponics greenhouse
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable specialty mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-12-01 Former Isle of Wight tomato business land could be turned into houses
- 2023-12-01 "We all need to quickly switch to tropical fruit production in greenhouses"
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage