- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
R&D/Training Division of AGROWN
US: Agrown adds key science team member
In making the announcement, AGROWN’s CEO, Dr. Susan Raftery noted, "John's extensive experience in complex system engineering will support our corporate efforts to provide new developments for the controlled environment agriculture industry (CEA). His experience as an adjunct MBA professor teaching "Management Science & Decision Models" will provide additional value in supporting AGROWN's educational initiatives. John will also provide scientific insight into our CEA curriculum development."
Juhasz is an INCOSE-CSEP (International Council on Systems Engineering- Certified Systems Engineering Professional) He has served as general chair of several regional conferences focused on systems methods and energy applications. He is also a founder of the INCOSE Power & Energy Systems Working Group, and serves as its co-chair.
Juhasz has worked on several aerospace systems programs including NASA’s International Space Station and the Constellation System space exploration program. He led a group of engineers on efforts to establish a systems model for the Space Station Electric Power System.
Juhasz also has deep experience in automotive systems development. He currently holds 10 patents dealing with innovation on adaptive braking systems and vehicle information systems.
Raftery also noted "John's experience can help AGROWN build improved systems to meet the new hurdles of global climate change, reduction of energy consumption and water resources, increasing populations and re-regionalize food production for food security".
For more information:
Sue Raftery, Ph.D.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Angello Solarelli marketed as a healthy snack
- 2022-11-30 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-11-30 CAN (ALB): Greenhouse moving to new owner, but land still for sale
- 2022-11-30 Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
- 2022-11-30 "We are now in a position to supply German goods for the early Easter business"
- 2022-11-30 Seaweed grower seeks greenhouse: "The hardest part is already on board"
- 2022-11-30 Jamaica: Youth for Excellence to Host Symposia in Grants Pen and Rose Town
- 2022-11-30 Nouryon announces stake in AGEYE technologies
- 2022-11-30 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-11-30 France: dynamic demand for dried herb bouquets
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-29 Romanian company Microgreens believes in 'micro greenhouses'
- 2022-11-29 J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- 2022-11-29 AI-enabled farming to reach 500,000 smallholder farmers in Asia
- 2022-11-29 Dutch geothermal project gets new buyer
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Return of the watermelon
- 2022-11-29 Canada: Lethbridge College researchers to give tour of Brooks greenhouse facility
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new Directors as Victorian vegetable grower Bill Bulmer re-elected as Chair
- 2022-11-29 "Almost no Hoogstraten strawberries until March; after that, there may be a surplus"