- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Secretary Kerry, Secretary Vilsack Launch Global Alliance for Climate-Smart Agriculture
Secretary Vilsack spoke at the inaugural meeting of the Alliance in New York, and Secretary Kerry delivered remarks at a separate event celebrating the Alliance launch, both on the margins of the 69th UN General Assembly.
The launch of the Global Alliance offers the opportunity to share knowledge, make investments, and develop policies that will empower all producers to adapt to climate change and to mitigate greenhouse gases in agriculture while increasing sustainable production.
The Alliance will include significant participation from governments, businesses, civil society groups, and other entities around the world.
Secretary Kerry previewed the United States' commitment to join the Alliance during the Africa Leaders Summit held in Washington in August.
The announcement, which follows President Obama's speech to the UN General Assembly emphasizing the actions his Administration is taking through the Climate Action Plan, demonstrates and reinforces U.S. leadership on climate change action.
In a related announcement at the UN Climate Summit, President Obama this week unveiled a new Executive Order on Climate-Resilient International Development, requiring U.S. agencies to factor climate-resilience considerations systematically into the U.S. government's international development work, and to promote a similar approach with multilateral entities.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together