- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
North America: Giumarra Borquez uses fair trade funds to build dental, optometry centres for community
The two new facilities were built adjacent to the existing employee health care centre. Farm worker community development funds from Giumarra Borquez’s participation in the Fair Trade program were used to build the new centres, and will also be used to operate it.
“We view the care of our coworkers, their families, and our neighbouring communities with utmost importance. Our community involvement is as vital to us as providing high quality products to our customers,” says Pablo Borquez Almada, president of Campos Borquez.
The partnership between Giumarra and Campos Borquez is a vertically-integrated operation that grows, packs, and distributes asparagus to the North American market. The asparagus is packed under the Nature’s Partner label, and may also be marketed as Fair Trade Certified.
“As our partnership continues to grow, we are thrilled to be a part of the achievements of Pablo Borquez and his family, including becoming the first asparagus grower in the world to be certified by Fair Trade USA in 2012,” says Bruce Dowhan, vice president and general manager of Giumarra Borquez. “Pablo has been working to better his community since the early 1990s, and we expect to see more employee-voted improvements with the continued growth of the Fair Trade program.”
Giumarra Borquez will begin shipping its fall asparagus crop in October and expects a substantial increase in volume this year, with ample supplies to support promotions for Fair Trade, as well as the upcoming holidays.
To learn more about Pablo Borquez Almada’s story and Giumarra Borquez, please view the video here: https://vimeo.com/105895333
For more information:
The Giumarra Companies
T: +1 213.627.2900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"