- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
LEDs speeds up healing process of grafted tomatoes:
NA: Young plant propagators go vertical with help of LEDs
At Cultivate ’14, Visser's Justin van der Putten showed us an updated version of their propagation chamber. “Our units are very popular mainly among grafted tomato producers, the chambers are a great tool to speed up the graft healing process.". The simple, but very efficient design that makes it so popular. Everything can be automated and controlled, yet the installation is kept simple and rugged."
Newlux' Jennifer White and Mark Glawdecki together with Justin van der Putten of Visser and two representatives of South Korean LED manufacturer PARUS.
It has four levels of 32 sq. ft. and a regular float bench subirrigation system. Together with the LED lightning installation and misting system it is a perfect and compact tool for short-term germination or propagation, as growers have complete control of the environment. Many parts are customizable, thus growers can decide what works best for them.
Justin says that the market for these units is especially liked by bigger growers because the investment returns are very fast as well as the benefits of their practical use and flexibility.
Besides tomato propagation, the fully automated growing chambers from Visser are popular amongst plug growers, seedling and cutting operations, commercial greenhouses for in vitro acclimation. Justin furthermore explained that they can also be used very well for producers of leafy greens and baby leaf.
For more information:
Visser Horti Systems
Justin van der Putten
Office: +1 604-539-1880
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material