Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
LEDs speeds up healing process of grafted tomatoes:
NA: Young plant propagators go vertical with help of LEDs
At Cultivate ’14, Visser's Justin van der Putten showed us an updated version of their propagation chamber. “Our units are very popular mainly among grafted tomato producers, the chambers are a great tool to speed up the graft healing process.". The simple, but very efficient design that makes it so popular. Everything can be automated and controlled, yet the installation is kept simple and rugged."
Newlux' Jennifer White and Mark Glawdecki together with Justin van der Putten of Visser and two representatives of South Korean LED manufacturer PARUS.
It has four levels of 32 sq. ft. and a regular float bench subirrigation system. Together with the LED lightning installation and misting system it is a perfect and compact tool for short-term germination or propagation, as growers have complete control of the environment. Many parts are customizable, thus growers can decide what works best for them.
Justin says that the market for these units is especially liked by bigger growers because the investment returns are very fast as well as the benefits of their practical use and flexibility.
Besides tomato propagation, the fully automated growing chambers from Visser are popular amongst plug growers, seedling and cutting operations, commercial greenhouses for in vitro acclimation. Justin furthermore explained that they can also be used very well for producers of leafy greens and baby leaf.
For more information:
Visser Horti Systems
Justin van der Putten
Office: +1 604-539-1880
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?
- 2022-07-06 Growing cucumbers vertically brings future for Finnish growers nearby
- 2022-07-05 Working towards an autonomous greenhouse in the AGROS project
- 2022-07-04 Peruvian designers create an intelligent robotic arm to control the quality and growth of seedlings for the agro-industry
- 2022-07-01 Beijing builds a test application scenario for cherry tomato harvest robots
- 2022-06-30 Ecobloom's technology aims to make indoor farming smarter