- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Rimol introduces the Rolling Thunder
US: Let the grow times roll
Our Rolling Thunder is simply a moveable high tunnel greenhouse. For some growers, having the option of a moveable high tunnel can provide additional versatility and extend their growing season. The Rolling Thunder was developed in conjunction with Elliot Coleman (his daughter Clara is a guest blogger on our site) to be part of a long-term crop rotation plan. In a quote from his book, The Winter Harvest Handbook Coleman explains:
“When I first became familiar with greenhouses and saw their incredible potential, I wanted to make them do even more. In order to optimize use I always wanted to get the next crop established before the present crop was finished. Growing transplants wasn’t enough. I knew I should be able to find additional methods for increasing the number of harvests per bed per year. The obvious solution was to make the greenhouses movable. If I could establish a winter-harvested crop, say, two months ahead of the time when it would need protection, and leave the warm-season crop growing two months longer, I would actually be getting the equivalent of fourteen months of greenhouse use every twelve months.”
Another major benefit of a moveable high tunnel is pest control. While greenhouses provide optimal conditions for plant growth, they do the same for many pests. Consumers have an increased appetite for organic, locally grown food. With the organic movement no longer a fringe practice, farms that have chosen to eliminate chemicals for pest control have to come up with alternative solutions. Allowing beds to “air out” and to freeze over from time to time helps to reduce pest problems that can build up in greenhouses.
Is a Rolling Thunder the perfect greenhouse for your operation? We invite you to take a look at our products page and contact one of our greenhouse experts to learn more about this amazing product. In the “off season” (we know) take a look back at 2014, if growing for a few more months will help your bottom line in 2015 contact us and keep the questions rollin’!
For more information:
Rimol Greenhouse systems
40 Londonderry Turnpike
Hooksett, NH 03106
T: +1 (877) 746-6544
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material