- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- New report outlines and quantifies catastrophic loss from the tomato brown rugose fruit virus (ToBRFV)
- Taking lettuce production outside of California
- "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Rimol introduces the Rolling Thunder
US: Let the grow times roll
Our Rolling Thunder is simply a moveable high tunnel greenhouse. For some growers, having the option of a moveable high tunnel can provide additional versatility and extend their growing season. The Rolling Thunder was developed in conjunction with Elliot Coleman (his daughter Clara is a guest blogger on our site) to be part of a long-term crop rotation plan. In a quote from his book, The Winter Harvest Handbook Coleman explains:
“When I first became familiar with greenhouses and saw their incredible potential, I wanted to make them do even more. In order to optimize use I always wanted to get the next crop established before the present crop was finished. Growing transplants wasn’t enough. I knew I should be able to find additional methods for increasing the number of harvests per bed per year. The obvious solution was to make the greenhouses movable. If I could establish a winter-harvested crop, say, two months ahead of the time when it would need protection, and leave the warm-season crop growing two months longer, I would actually be getting the equivalent of fourteen months of greenhouse use every twelve months.”
Another major benefit of a moveable high tunnel is pest control. While greenhouses provide optimal conditions for plant growth, they do the same for many pests. Consumers have an increased appetite for organic, locally grown food. With the organic movement no longer a fringe practice, farms that have chosen to eliminate chemicals for pest control have to come up with alternative solutions. Allowing beds to “air out” and to freeze over from time to time helps to reduce pest problems that can build up in greenhouses.
Is a Rolling Thunder the perfect greenhouse for your operation? We invite you to take a look at our products page and contact one of our greenhouse experts to learn more about this amazing product. In the “off season” (we know) take a look back at 2014, if growing for a few more months will help your bottom line in 2015 contact us and keep the questions rollin’!
For more information:
Rimol Greenhouse systems
40 Londonderry Turnpike
Hooksett, NH 03106
T: +1 (877) 746-6544
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 "Autonomous farm is just over the horizon"
- 2022-12-06 Photonics can help horticulture to measure faster and more reliably
- 2022-11-28 PV shade screens for greenhouses, agrivoltaics
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach