- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
US (WA): Backyard Farms participates in second annual 'Taste of Maine' event in Washington. D.C.
Backyard Farms, the largest grower of year-round tomatoes in New England, last week participated in the Maine State Chamber of Commerce’s second annual “Taste of Maine.” The event took place on Capitol Hill and showcased an impressive array of the many outstanding culinary products Maine has to offer.
“This was a great way to thank our legislative supporters and for them to experience all of the fantastic culinary products Maine has to offer in one location,” said Backyard Farms President Stuart Jablon. “We appreciate their efforts in helping to keep Maine relevant and at the forefront when it comes to culinary discussions, as well as their commitment to locally grown and produced food products.”
In addition to Backyard Farms, more than 20 Maine farms, specialty food companies, breweries, distilleries and vineyards participated in the reception held in the historic Kennedy Caucus Room of the Russell Senate Office Building. Backyard Farms offered samples of its cocktail tomatoes to more than 400 attendees, including Senators Susan Collins (R) and Angus King (D), who also spoke at the event. Several other members of Congress and guests were on hand to sample all of the Maine-made foods and beverages.
“The Maine State Chamber greatly appreciates the participation in the ‘Taste of Maine’ by Backyard Farms,” said Dana Connors, president of the Maine State Chamber of Commerce. “Each and every vendor contributes to the ‘Made in Maine’ brand, which we hope continues to grow and thrive.”
The “Taste of Maine” reception was sponsored in part by the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development, the National Restaurant Association and the Maine Restaurant Association.
For more information about Backyard Farms please visit its website at www.BackyardFarms.com or visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BackyardFarms.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council holds horticulture business challenge
- 2023-12-05 Win a ticket and stand at GreenTech Americas 2024 in Mexico
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE