- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Undercover Farming Conference,Western Cape 2014:
South Africa: Expo and conference topics popularity of greenhouse and shade-net farming
‘INNOVATION – THE WAY FORWARD FOR SUCCESS’ will take place 8-9 October 2014. The event will be hosted at AlIée Bleue Estate, Groot Drakenstein. It is organised by UNDERCOVER FARMING EXPO PTY LTD which first started with an Expo and Conference in Pretoria in 2012 and now is an annual event.
Building on the successful Undercover Farming Conference, Western Cape 2013, it is hosted again as a showcase of the horticulture industry in the Western Cape. As you may well be aware, greenhouse and shade-net farming are becoming popular forms of food production in South Africa and offers a solution to the increasing arid climate through recycling of water with least evaporation using hydroponics.
The Western Cape has its own specific needs and challenges in terms of horticulture. The organiser is confident that it will yet again present an event drawing more delegates than expected, as were the case in 2013.
The UNDERCOVER FARMING CONFERENCE, WESTERN CAPE’S 2014 goal is to unite vegetable, fruit, flower and seedling farmers at an event where interested farmers also visit and seek to gain as much information to also enter the fresh produce and other commodities produced under protective cover. This will ensure that growth in the industry is attained.
The organiser has joined forces with the Western Cape Government: Agriculture, ASNAPP and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to present a programme with professional speakers, academia and consultants out of the foreign and local industry. Pressing subjects like how farming under protection can reduce its carbon footprint in a sustainable way and more clarity about where Southern Africa is in terms of being the bread basket of the world. Renewable energy and the industry will be on the board as well.
Once more the Undercover Farming Conference, Western Cape is successful in establishing an active network between important role-players in the industry. No less than 150 delegates are expected and service providers to the whole industry will be available to talk to during teas and lunches.
CLICK HERE FOR THE COMPLETE CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Should you need any more information, do not hesitate to contact Marion Oosthuizen on 071 6399300, or email@example.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council holds horticulture business challenge
- 2023-12-05 Win a ticket and stand at GreenTech Americas 2024 in Mexico
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE