Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
US: Superior street partners announces acquisition of Riverbend Nursery
Based in Riner, Virginia, Riverbend Nursery is a leading producer and distributor of quality perennial plants, herbs, and ground cover, with sales primarily to the independent garden centre and landscape contractor markets. Riverbend also produces and markets a green roof product in the Mid-Atlantic region, under the LiveRoof® name, as part of storm water management solutions. The company was founded in 1984 by Jim Snyder, who will remain Chief Executive Officer. For additional information on Riverbend Nursery, visit http://www.riverbendnursery.com.
Jon Herbst, President of Superior Street Partners, notes: "The core operations and focus on quality production and superior customer service will remain unchanged post acquisition. We view the investment as an opportunity to partner with Jim Snyder and a successfully built operation, which includes a solid level of next generation management. Our plan is to carefully further expand the plant segment and green roof business, which is still a relatively young market domestically as part of a solution for storm water runoff, and presents a significant growth opportunity."
Jim Snyder adds: "The transaction enables Riverbend to further grow and expand the business, bringing new opportunities and room for growth to both employees and customers. Having this type of long-term partner secures our future as a continued leader in the perennial and green roof industries, and their interest in maintaining operations aligned well with our commitment to superior products and customer service."
Superior Street Partners, LLC
T: +1 216-862-0058
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"