- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
"Grow a full crop of vegetables off a solar grid with Full Spectrum HP4S Grow Lights"
Alta LED technology is a LED Component Company that specializes in high performance LED's. They've currently released their full spectrum chip line that is being marketed as an LED Component around the world to the OEM Industry, and can replace up to 1000 watt high pressure sodium and 1500 watt metal halide, using less energy. "Our process will eliminate RGB from the face of the earth when it comes to growing, and also HPS and MH. We are the solution for growing anything in the world that the sun can grow, our spectrums, intensity, energy, and radiation confirms that," says John Klena. "We have growers over the last 2 years including universities that have grown the hardest strains of marijuana, tomatoes, flowers, stevia, herbs, and so on."
Currently Alta LED is manufacturing a chip array line of full spectrum chips that include 20W, 50W, 100W, 150W, 300W, 500W in a single COB.
The Full Spectrum HP4S Grow Light Series is perfect for all types of growing from the initial veg stages all the way through the flowering process without switching fixtures. They can also be used in the upcoming medical marijuana industry. "We know that growing Cannabis requires high intensity, high radiation, and lots of spectrum from 600-800 to flower with high yield and results. There are no other LED companies that have created LED chips with our intensity and above 620 nanometers. We are innovators who have a different process in making these chips and that's why we can manage to create grow lights with a 600-800 nanometer spectrum."
Yet, also with these Full Spectrum HP4S Grow lights, the problem of heat loss in the greenhouse occurs. The lamps create 70% less heat to produce the required intensity and spectrum, so additional heating may still be necessary. "You have to figure out if saving 900 watts an hour is worth adding a little heat to your greenhouse," says John.
For more information
John Klena, President and CEO
T: +1 909-397-8914
F: +1 909-397-8921
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-11-30 US (WY): Enactus members construct greenhouse for Riverview residents
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline